Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

EVHS eligibility

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
genou
Lemon Quarter

EVHS eligibility

Postby genou » November 25th, 2021, 8:34 pm

I have spent some time on the gov.uk site, but am no better informed.

If I have a BEV on order pre April 22, but it is not delivered until post Apr 22, am I eligible for a grant towards the installation of an at home charger in a "single unit property" ?

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: EVHS eligibility

Postby AF62 » November 25th, 2021, 10:19 pm

?? Seems quite clear on https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -customers

Firstly, as you say the grant is ending, but importantly the work needs to be done by 31 March 2022 -

From April 2022, the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) will no longer be open to homeowners (including people with mortgages) who live in single-unit properties such as bungalows and detached, semi-detached or terraced housing.

Installations in single-unit properties need to be completed by 31 March 2022 and a claim submitted to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) by 30 April 2022

As for the car being ordered but not delivered -

4. Evidence that the customer has a qualifying electric vehicle
Installers must ensure that at least one piece of evidence is provided to demonstrate that a customer has a qualifying vehicle. Failure to provide evidence will result in an invalid application.

Where the customer has possession of an electric vehicle, the vehicle registration number (VRN) must be provided in all grant claims and will be considered as evidence. DVLA will validate these details internally.

For applications where a VRN is not available, evidence that an order has been placed for a vehicle must be provided (for example, an email from manufacturer or an order form.

So yes you are eligible provided you have it installed before the end of March next year, even if the ordered car turns up later.

Anyway, the grant is all a scam anyway, as the installers have just been inflating their prices to rip the government off, so no surprise it is disappearing.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: EVHS eligibility

Postby Arborbridge » November 26th, 2021, 4:39 pm

[quote="AF62"
Anyway, the grant is all a scam anyway, as the installers have just been inflating their prices to rip the government off, so no surprise it is disappearing.[/quote]

But will the installers price go down after the grant is finished? That would be the acid test.

Throughout my life I've notices that when there is a perk, as soon as a large enough people tune into it, that perk is taken away. It's a results of sheer numbers and works for tax breaks and other tax arrangements. When the plebs find out, it gets stopped.

Hey-ho. So it's happening again - just when I order an EV, they take this grant away.

Arb.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”