Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

1926.. no private cars

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
88V8
Lemon Half

Re: 1926.. no private cars

Postby 88V8 » January 4th, 2022, 12:10 pm

CliffEdge wrote:
quelquod wrote:
CliffEdge wrote:And these vehicles will be too expensive for individual ownership for most people.

Can you think of a single instance of anything which hasn’t steadily become more affordable by most people? The manufactured cost of electronics in volume is in broad terms peanuts.

That's the sea change that's coming. All these cheap throwaway things are unsustainable.

Sea change. I wish.
But I doubt we will see it or our children... well, your children.
Most people don't give a hoot about sustainable... Cameron had it right when he referred to 'the green crap'.
Look at the calls to scrap the green levy on electricity.
All the average Joe cares about is cheap.... and when cheap EVs from China or India are available, Joe will buy them cos he doesn't care where things are made provided they're... cheap.

Some autonomous driving is already happening. Trucks in the US for example.

Change coming whether we like it or not.
And the only sea change we'll see is the one that washes away your beach hut as water levels rise.

Back to the OP... that video was false coloured. It looked disconcertingly real, like a world we could step into. Somehow I prefer viewing the past in b&w or sepia.

V8

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”