Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

breakdown insurance renewal

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
didds
Lemon Half

breakdown insurance renewal

Postby didds » February 24th, 2017, 11:20 am

For several years now we've had our breakdown cover through Gem pay and claim.

Its been particularly useful as it has a family policy so me, wife and two sons can all be covered on it; we each have our own vehicles though we are of course covered personally rather than per vehicle. One son is away at university but this is covered by GEM's family polkicy as he is deemed to be based at home with us.

Gem renewal is here , £140 . which is fine in itself for the four of us ... but....

Our daughter is now about to learn to drive and will within the next year need similar cover (at the moment she would only be somebody with personal cover anyway etc but in due course...).

and...

GEM family policy can only cover up to four people - and we need a fifth.

So - is anybody aware of a similar style policy that could cover 5 family members. pay & Claim is OK, but not imperative. premium level is "important".

Cover sought (based on GEM quote)

roadside assistance
UK recovery
Home assistance
Driver illness
Caravan and small trailer service (tho in fact this wouldn't be needed)
message relay service (not eve n sure what that is !)
alternative travel OR o/night accomodation.

European cover isn;t offered by GEM, but could be useful given the premium for a one off trip "top up".

Summary: any suggestioons for a family of 5 policy, OR suggestions to cover us all finincially economically :-)

didds

stooz
Site Admin

Re: breakdown insurance renewal

Postby stooz » February 27th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Ive never heard of them, I have had RAC for years and pay for a full service that covers the owner not the car, but I only have the wife and I , so just a couples cover. I couldn't tell you about 5 people, but the price is less than you quoted.

Satsuma
Lemon Slice

Re: breakdown insurance renewal

Postby Satsuma » March 7th, 2017, 9:00 am

Could you get an (e.g) £40 Autoaid policy for one of you, and insure the remaining 4 on the family policy?

That might be cheaper than a more extensive family policy.

Just a suggestion. I know you will DYOR :D

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”