Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Postby DelianLeague » September 8th, 2023, 4:57 pm

airbus330 wrote:
DelianLeague wrote:Thanks for your reply,

I actually prefer Twins. Also, I am not looking for the same performance as my early 80's Katana, in fact, I am looking for the opposite and that is why I thought of the Interceptor 650, as its not a sports bike.
I have plenty of time at the moment before I make a choice but after reading BullDogs post I looked into the Bonneville's and my fist choice (at this moment) is the Street Twin 900. It has more than I need including riding modes & traction control etc and crucially it is not as heavy as the T100 and the seat is fairly low (I have short legs & one of them is weaker than the other). I haven't found a better all round bike than the street Twin 900 yet.

Thanks, D.L.

Well that makes the choosing a bit easier.
Bonny 900 216kg 65bhp
RE Interceptor 215kg 47bhp

Nothing wrong with either bike, but lightweight they are not.

Ducati Scambler (Ducati modern classic range is confusingly named Scrambler) 186kg 75bhp
A genuine classic Moto Guzzi V7 209kg and 64bhp
Left field choice Yamaha XSR700 (Yams take on classic) 186kg 74bhp
If you want real niche appeal the 2023 Fantic Caballero 700 175kg and c75bhp.

Worth a look. 180kg is a heck of a lot easier to push around than 216.

There is a reason why Triumph have struggled a bit to sell the 900 or T100 as it was. The RE does the same job but for considerably less cash. I am biased towards the Scrambler which is a hoot to ride. You may not think that the extra few bhp are important, but on the UK's busy roads, being able to do safe and quick overtaking is quite a benefit.

As said above, its actually quite hard to buy a rubbish bike in 2023, they're all pretty good! Do let us know what you buy :D

I have been surprised how light some of the Yamahas are.
D.L.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » September 8th, 2023, 5:59 pm

DelianLeague wrote:
airbus330 wrote:
Well that makes the choosing a bit easier.
Bonny 900 216kg 65bhp
RE Interceptor 215kg 47bhp

Nothing wrong with either bike, but lightweight they are not.

Ducati Scambler (Ducati modern classic range is confusingly named Scrambler) 186kg 75bhp
A genuine classic Moto Guzzi V7 209kg and 64bhp
Left field choice Yamaha XSR700 (Yams take on classic) 186kg 74bhp
If you want real niche appeal the 2023 Fantic Caballero 700 175kg and c75bhp.

Worth a look. 180kg is a heck of a lot easier to push around than 216.

There is a reason why Triumph have struggled a bit to sell the 900 or T100 as it was. The RE does the same job but for considerably less cash. I am biased towards the Scrambler which is a hoot to ride. You may not think that the extra few bhp are important, but on the UK's busy roads, being able to do safe and quick overtaking is quite a benefit.

As said above, its actually quite hard to buy a rubbish bike in 2023, they're all pretty good! Do let us know what you buy :D

I have been surprised how light some of the Yamahas are.
D.L.

Personal opinion - just like there's horse power and HORSE POWER, there's also kg and KG.

The best thing you can do is go and find out what you're comfortable with. I have downsized from 1200cc to 865cc and the bike feels a lot like a moped in comparison. More so than reading about kg might suggest.

DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Not - Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Postby DelianLeague » April 15th, 2024, 10:59 am

Up-Date:

The outcome was that I bought a brand new Speed Twin 900 in the Mat Ironstone colour (this colour looks more old school).

Its all Run-In and so far I am generally happy with my choice. I definitely made the correct decision to purchase this over the RE as it suites my riding style a bit more me thinks.

Absolutely amazing bike around town/B roads and also faired better than I thought on a longer recent journey. That being, a 170 mile round trip to Darkest Norfolk.

Thanks to all for your previous suggestions.

D.L.

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Re: Not - Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Postby airbus330 » April 15th, 2024, 1:58 pm

DelianLeague wrote:Up-Date:

The outcome was that I bought a brand new Speed Twin 900 in the Mat Ironstone colour (this colour looks more old school).

Its all Run-In and so far I am generally happy with my choice. I definitely made the correct decision to purchase this over the RE as it suites my riding style a bit more me thinks.

Absolutely amazing bike around town/B roads and also faired better than I thought on a longer recent journey. That being, a 170 mile round trip to Darkest Norfolk.

D.L.

I think that was the best choice and it will likely keep its value a little better. Safe riding this summer, when it finally arrives!

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » April 15th, 2024, 4:23 pm

Happened upon this thread having just seen one of these on the street

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Rocket_3

Oooh. Wicked!

DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Re: Not - Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Postby DelianLeague » April 16th, 2024, 12:48 pm

airbus330 wrote:
DelianLeague wrote:Up-Date:

D.L.

I think that was the best choice and it will likely keep its value a little better. Safe riding this summer, when it finally arrives!

It also helped that It was new but with a £700 reduction in the price. :D

D.L.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”