Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Dark Glass

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Dark Glass

Postby swill453 » March 28th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Slightly easier to remove when it's not sunny though.

Scott.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 28th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Snorvey wrote:You know how glass tinted beyond a certain amount is illegal for the front windows in cars?

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

What about wearing dark sunglasses whilst driving? I mean, it has the same effect doesn't it?

Crazily, at one stage (I don't know if it's still true) the same was true of motorcycle helmets. So it was not ok to have a tinted visor, but it was ok to have a clear visor with sunglasses on.

Mind you, for those of us with prescription sunglasses, taking them off when the sun goes in is not an option anyway.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » March 28th, 2017, 2:47 pm

UncleIan wrote:Mind you, for those of us with prescription sunglasses, taking them off when the sun goes in is not an option anyway.

Surely you wouldn't go out driving with only sunglasses?

Scott.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm

swill453 wrote:Surely you wouldn't go out driving with only sunglasses?

No, I always take normal ones too, but it's a bit of a faff swapping over, and is a distraction on a par with fiddling with the radio. Luckily there ain't many tunnels round our way. You can still see, it's not like you're asking the passenger to say "left a bit" "right a bit" etc, it's just not ideal. As for driving along the west shore of Lake Garda with it's 60+ tunnels...that was interesting in sunglasses. Pretty though, between the tunnels.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » March 28th, 2017, 7:06 pm

UncleIan wrote:Mind you, for those of us with prescription sunglasses, taking them off when the sun goes in is not an option anyway.

And that is why I have magnetic clipons on my standard glasses.

I scared myself silly driving from France to Italy on the A8, past Monaco. There are many short, unlit tunnels and if you are wearing prescription sunglasses or photochromic lenses, it is like the lights have been put out.And, if like me your eyesight is very bad, taking your glasses off is nearly as bad.

Magnetic clipons can be removed in a second and replaced in 2.
A most excellent invention.

Oh, and with the clipons on, many people don't even realise you are not wearing sunglasses.

Slarti

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”