Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

What is this farm crop?

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: What is this farm crop?

Postby Mike4 » June 26th, 2020, 9:49 am

servodude wrote:
Mike4 wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone.

So which part of the poppy is it that yields the opium? And how does the chemist get it out?

Asking for a friend.

You get it from the latex in the pod; but I'd leave it to the professionals. ;)

-sd

Ok thanks for your advice. I'll ask the girl in Boots next time I pick up a prescription. Very professional chemists, Boots. They should know....

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: What is this farm crop?

Postby scotia » June 26th, 2020, 10:12 am

Mike4 wrote:Ok thanks for your advice. I'll ask the girl in Boots next time I pick up a prescription. Very professional chemists, Boots. They should know....

Many years ago when my wife bought her first breadmaker, we noticed that one of the recipes recommended the addition of vitamin C powder. So off we went to the chemist - but when we asked, we got a shocked look, and a "certainly not " reply. We afterwards discovered that it was a favoured substance with illicit drug users. I don't think the assistant in the chemist managed to set the police on us - but it was a close run thing.
It would be nice to hear of your experience with Boots - provided you are not currently incarcerated :D

Return to “The Natural World”