Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Lockdown puppy owner

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Lockdown puppy owner

Postby bungeejumper » January 29th, 2021, 12:00 pm

Out for my morning walk today, down the farm track and over the fields. And coming the other way was (how shall I put this sensitively?) one of the largest ladies I have ever seen, waddling along with her new puppy. A border collie, lively little thing, maybe four months old, barking and jumping up at me and then haring off under the electric fence to run around in the field.

A dog, then, with a 25 mph body and a 1.5 mph owner. And (obviously :roll: ) off the lead. Hardly trained at all, by the look of it.

"Can you keep him on the lead please?" I asked her. "There are sheep in that field".

"Oh, don't worry," she said. "I've left the lead at home. But he won't be frightened of the sheep at all."

Grrrrr. Just grrrrrrrr. I left her tut-tutting about the nasty dangerous electric fence. Reg number of a nearby car duly noted. (I don't know if it's hers, though.) Will tell the farmer.

BJ

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: Lockdown puppy owner

Postby dealtn » January 29th, 2021, 12:02 pm

bungeejumper wrote: Reg number of a nearby car duly noted. (I don't know if it's hers, though.)

What did the suspension look like?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Lockdown puppy owner

Postby bungeejumper » January 29th, 2021, 3:28 pm

dealtn wrote:What did the suspension look like?

Sagging a bit, but generally as expected for the model year. Reinforced subframe for better traction and enhanced side-roll resistance on muddy terrain, a few surface cracks, wide exhaust.

Oh sorry, you meant the car?

BJ

Return to “The Natural World”