Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Entertainment over breakfast

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Entertainment over breakfast

Postby kiloran » April 3rd, 2021, 3:14 pm

Brilliant extertainment while I was eating breakfast this morning. 5 foxes in the garden, all last year's cubs, I think.

Two were quite happy just lying on the frosty lawn in the sunshine. The other three were leaping all over the place, in and out of the shrubbery for 30 minutes, playing tag, hide-and-seek, and wrestling.
Then one of the foxes decided to get more inquisitive, standing on its hind legs with its front feet on the sunlounge windowsill, looking at me as if to say "hey, where's my breakfast?"

--kiloran

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Entertainment over breakfast

Postby Gengulphus » April 3rd, 2021, 5:49 pm

Did it get its breakfast?

Gengulphus

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 3rd, 2021, 9:11 pm

Gengulphus wrote:Did it get its breakfast?

Gengulphus

It had already had its breakfast, our foxes are well fed..... bits of chicken, lard sandwiches and cheap digestives spread with lard (they love that)

So no, it didn't get any more, it was just being a glutton and trying to prey on my better nature

--kiloran

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » April 3rd, 2021, 9:58 pm

kiloran wrote:Brilliant extertainment while I was eating breakfast this morning. 5 foxes in the garden, all last year's cubs, I think.

Two were quite happy just lying on the frosty lawn in the sunshine. The other three were leaping all over the place, in and out of the shrubbery for 30 minutes, playing tag, hide-and-seek, and wrestling.
Then one of the foxes decided to get more inquisitive, standing on its hind legs with its front feet on the sunlounge windowsill, looking at me as if to say "hey, where's my breakfast?"

--kiloran

There's a fox that wanders around next doors garden. Which is surprising as they have a quite head strong Wire Haired Jack Russell who is as mad as a box of frogs. But my daughter has managed to catch quite a few photographs from her bedroom window.

I wish I could say the fox comes into our garden but with a Border Collie that barks at her own shadow and chases the wind with a Labradoodle who's easily lead I think the fox's wisdom outweighs their intelligence very well and it stays out of our garden.

AiY

Return to “The Natural World”