Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Queen's Green Canopy

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Queen's Green Canopy

Postby Mike4 » December 31st, 2021, 6:54 pm

jackdaww wrote:
Midsmartin wrote:Railway companies seem to be in agreement that trees are a big problem and would really like to fell all trees along their tracks. So perhaps the no-tree lobby is correct in this case. I could be provocative and ask how the heritage railway line will reach zero carbon emissions(I assume they burn coal). Perhaps a tree lined cycle route instead would be nice!

=======================

the heritage railway movement is a big part of many peoples lives - young and old.

i am pleased they are not being shut down.

however , much more CO2 is produced by the many thousands who visit the railways and by those who travel to watch the mainline specials - which are indeed special .

there is talk of a green coal - mixing in the like of avacado kernels .

:)

I seem to have a bag of that right here!

Except mine's made from olive stones. And disappointingly, the stuff inside the bag is black, not green :)

Nimrod103
Lemon Half

Postby Nimrod103 » December 31st, 2021, 6:59 pm

Mike4 wrote:
jackdaww wrote:
Midsmartin wrote:Railway companies seem to be in agreement that trees are a big problem and would really like to fell all trees along their tracks. So perhaps the no-tree lobby is correct in this case. I could be provocative and ask how the heritage railway line will reach zero carbon emissions(I assume they burn coal). Perhaps a tree lined cycle route instead would be nice!

=======================

the heritage railway movement is a big part of many peoples lives - young and old.

i am pleased they are not being shut down.

however , much more CO2 is produced by the many thousands who visit the railways and by those who travel to watch the mainline specials - which are indeed special .

there is talk of a green coal - mixing in the like of avacado kernels .

:)

I seem to have a bag of that right here!

Except mine's made from olive stones. And disappointingly, the stuff inside the bag is black, not green :)

It says on the bag "made in the UK". I guess there must be olive plantations hidden around England somewhere that I have never noticed.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » December 31st, 2021, 7:13 pm

Nimrod103 wrote:
It says on the bag "made in the UK". I guess there must be olive plantations hidden around England somewhere that I have never noticed.

I expect that just means the bag... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Natural World”