Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

The Grand Tour - Seaman

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Re: The Grand Tour - Seaman

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 16th, 2019, 12:36 pm

I like the double entendres but it still jars, to hear them swearing. Not that I have any problem with normal swearing but it's like they've been given a contract requirement that each episode must include a certain number of swear words, to establish their laddish credentials. Hence, when they are trotted out, it sounds forced, inappropriate and unnecessary. Hit your thumb with a hammer, and swear in consequence; no problem at all. A bit like the episode title: juvenile and not even worth thinking as approaching humour.

As a technical criticism, I was wishing they'd not refer to their camera boat, which they seem to have done a few times. While we know they have support staff, it spoils the immediacy of things, where we can vicariously experience the same situations with them. I just want to feel that it's three rascals talking to me, with me going along for the ride. Knowing that it's crafted and designed to achieve an effect diminishes the feeling of reality and reinforces artificiality.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”