Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Ex Machina

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Ex Machina

Postby bluedonkey » July 30th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Just watched this film on Netflix. I'm not a sci fi fan but really enjoyed this. Just four characters, very stylish look to the film, and thought provoking plot. Perhaps others saw the twist coming but as usual it blindsided me! Without giving too much away, massively rich and reclusive tech CEO develops robot with advanced Artificial Intelligence. Plot is much subtler than that sounds.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Ex Machina

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 30th, 2020, 1:43 pm

bluedonkey wrote:Just watched this film on Netflix. I'm not a sci fi fan but really enjoyed this. Just four characters, very stylish look to the film, and thought provoking plot. Perhaps others saw the twist coming but as usual it blindsided me! Without giving too much away, massively rich and reclusive tech CEO develops robot with advanced Artificial Intelligence. Plot is much subtler than that sounds.

I greatly enjoyed this film and have watched it twice.

RC

wanderer
2 Lemon pips

Postby wanderer » August 2nd, 2020, 4:35 pm

I also saw this film recently and very much enjoyed it.

I also think I would have enjoyed it even more if the final scene they had tried to film had made it through to the final cut! It would have been a very unsettling ending i think!

Links below for those interested (⚠️ warning- spoilers!)

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/ex-mac ... te-ending/

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alex-g ... na-ending/

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » August 4th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Yes, really good film. I don't think it would have needed the alternate ending, because to me, the same point is made by what happens between her and one of the humans near the end of the film.

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » August 4th, 2020, 7:00 pm

Yes a really good movie, have watched it a few times now. If you liked it then I recommend the BBC TV series Devs. It was written and directed by the Alex Garland who of course did the same for Ex-Machina. There are definite stylistic similarities as well as some familiar ethical twists. Anyway I really enjoyed both.
MM

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”