Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Scotland from the Sky

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Scotland from the Sky

Postby bungeejumper » November 5th, 2020, 11:11 am

Just a quick plug for what might just be the best produced, most intriguing documentary series I've seen in quite a while. And I'd never heard of it till last month. Was it first broadcast in Scotland only?

Absolutely stunning, anyway. I chanced upon the first episode (2018) by accident the other week, when James Crawford was going through the origins of aerial photography and its impact on a difficult Svcottish geography that nobody had ever really had a chance to envisage properly until they'd seen it all from a mile up, or preferably more. All the planning, all the politics, all the beautiful places where almost nobody goes.

Sadly the first episode of the first series (basically World War 1) has now fallen off the edge of iPlayer, but the second (basically Glasgow's redevelopment) is well worth catching during the next five days. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b3l9qs . The third (basically history and prehistory) - aaaah, make your own mind up, anyway. ;)

Photography is astonishing, presenter is personable, timing and topic coverage are just what I'd want. And somewhere behind it all there's a stunning music soundtrack. It's seriously good. And that's just series one. Check it out.

BJ

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Scotland from the Sky

Postby swill453 » November 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm

Yes, good programme. I attended a talk by James Crawford locally for the launch of Season 2 last year, and had previously seen Season 1.

I'm in Scotland, so don't know if it was available elsewhere at the time.

Scott.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”