Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Trump Takes on the World

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Trump Takes on the World

Postby bungeejumper » February 11th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Yes, I know we've had a bellyfull of the Orange One lately, but the Beeb's latest three-parter is everything that The Trump Show wasn't. Such as focused, structured, pacy and committed. An hour just whizzed by. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -episode-1

The cast of world-leader interviewees is little short of mind-blowing, and so is the acute quality of their recollections. There was so much stuff here that I never knew. John Bolton has a try at seeing the world through Trump's eyes, but apparently he'd been sacked only days before they interviewed him, so he was probably still hedging his bets. But Mattis, McMaster and co, plus Kim Darroch of course, are all bang on target.

Produced by Brooke Lapping. The best prog I've seen so far on this human disaster zone. This week, how Trump wanted to abandon NATO with immediate effect but changed his mind on a whim in mid-conference. Next week, assassinating Assad, or maybe not. Or brotherly love for Kim, or not. Give it a go.

BJ

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Re: Trump Takes on the World

Postby Redmires » February 12th, 2021, 12:07 am

Just watched this. Excellent and just a little bit frightening. The next episode will be interesting when he gets rid of 'the adults in the room'.

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » February 12th, 2021, 10:50 am

Sounds good. I also recently watched Netflix's "The Confidence Man" about Trump, which is an episode in their Dirty Money series. Also worth watching.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » February 12th, 2021, 2:03 pm

bungeejumper wrote:Yes, I know we've had a bellyfull of the Orange One lately, but the Beeb's latest three-parter is everything that The Trump Show wasn't. Such as focused, structured, pacy and committed. An hour just whizzed by. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -episode-1

The cast of world-leader interviewees is little short of mind-blowing, and so is the acute quality of their recollections. There was so much stuff here that I never knew. John Bolton has a try at seeing the world through Trump's eyes, but apparently he'd been sacked only days before they interviewed him, so he was probably still hedging his bets. But Mattis, McMaster and co, plus Kim Darroch of course, are all bang on target.

Produced by Brooke Lapping. The best prog I've seen so far on this human disaster zone. This week, how Trump wanted to abandon NATO with immediate effect but changed his mind on a whim in mid-conference. Next week, assassinating Assad, or maybe not. Or brotherly love for Kim, or not. Give it a go.

BJ

I'm late to the thread.

I wasn't too well the other day and spent most of the day on the sofa napping. I did manage to put a documentary on which I was unable to see completely due to the napping. I'll watch it again. It's on Amazon Prime. It's called Unfit: The Psychology of Donald Trump. Several psychoanalysts & psychiatrists have concluded that Donald Trump is a "Malignant Narcissist. The traits of this personality are Narcissism, paranoia, anti-social personality disorder and sadism.

They take this one step further and state they have "a duty to warn". They quote the "Tarasoff Rule" which "Imposes a duty on a therapist to warn appropriate person(s) when a patient may present a risk of harm to a specific person or persons".

The Tarasoff case was in the 1970's. A patient told a psychologist he was going to go home and murder his girlfriend. The psychologist didn't warn the girlfriend. And the patient murdered her. It's now the law in all 50 states. In short patient confidentiality comes after the safety of others. Whilst Donald Trump is not a patient of any of the professionals in the programme they feel they have a moral and legal obligation to speak out.

A Duty to Warn Website

If you're interested in Donald Trump's behaviours or his presidency or American politics then I'd recommend you watch it.

Caveat - I've not put this post up to argue about Donald Trumps fitness for office or otherwise. I've not put it up to begin a discussion about the man. I've simply put it up to draw this documentary to your attention.

AiY

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 12th, 2021, 2:11 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:They quote the "Tarasoff Rule" which "Imposes a duty on a therapist to warn appropriate person(s) when a patient may present a risk of harm to a specific person or persons".

And there was I, thinking that Tarasoff was what China has just done to the wicked lying BBC? ;)

Okay, okay, me coat's out in the hall.

BJ

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 7th, 2021, 1:06 pm

Nothing really new here, I guess:

Trump told chief of staff Hitler ‘did a lot of good things’, book says

The Guardian

Remark shocked John Kelly, author Michael Bender reports
Book details former president’s ‘stunning disregard for history’

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”