Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

In Fabric

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

In Fabric

Postby nimnarb » February 18th, 2021, 6:20 am

I don't quite know what to make of this!! Don't know why but reminds me of "Eraserhead" albeit there is absolutely no similarity apart from the total weirdness and shock factor. On BBC Iplayer. I lasted about 30 minutes as got to go to bed, but not sure I should continue, so if anyone is up to this shocker and has seen it or will see it, please come back and tell me if this is a classic horror film that actually is explainable or just completely off the charts as unlike anything I have seen for quite a while or indeed want to see. However, wouldn't mind knowing what the hell is going on here. :twisted:

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: In Fabric

Postby nimnarb » February 18th, 2021, 6:28 am

forgot to post a link and cant find it now.. regardless, read further down on one review or not if you don't want to know anything about this film.....the other review I read just said..."total tosh"

Moderator Message:
Post deleted.
It is completely unacceptable under copyright law to copy a huge chunk of text unattributed
Gryffron

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 18th, 2021, 6:39 am

nimnarb wrote:
I don't quite know what to make of this!!

Don't know why but reminds me of "Eraserhead" albeit there is absolutely no similarity apart from the total weirdness and shock factor.

On BBC Iplayer. I lasted about 30 minutes as got to go to bed, but not sure I should continue, so if anyone is up to this shocker and has seen it or will see it, please come back and tell me if this is a classic horror film that actually is explainable or just completely off the charts as unlike anything I have seen for quite a while or indeed want to see. However, wouldn't mind knowing what the hell is going on here. :twisted:

Peter Strickland, the director of 'In Fabric', has a very distinct style, as anyone who's enjoyed some of his previous work such as Berberian Sound Studio or The Duke of Burgundy will tell you, so if this is your first exposure to one of his films, then I'd not be surprised to hear you think it's more than a little 'odd'...

If the idea of a feature-length, acid-laced Tales of the Unexpected generally appeals, then you'll probably be in the groove to enjoy most of his work...

The Roger Ebert site gives a fair indication as to what to expect, and some explanation as to In Fabric's underlying consumerist themes - https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/in-fabric-movie-review-2019

Link here to the BBC iPlayer site where it's still available for a couple more weeks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s61x

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » February 18th, 2021, 7:13 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
nimnarb wrote:
I don't quite know what to make of this!!

Don't know why but reminds me of "Eraserhead" albeit there is absolutely no similarity apart from the total weirdness and shock factor.

On BBC Iplayer. I lasted about 30 minutes as got to go to bed, but not sure I should continue, so if anyone is up to this shocker and has seen it or will see it, please come back and tell me if this is a classic horror film that actually is explainable or just completely off the charts as unlike anything I have seen for quite a while or indeed want to see. However, wouldn't mind knowing what the hell is going on here. :twisted:

Peter Strickland, the director of 'In Fabric', has a very distinct style, as anyone who's enjoyed some of his previous work such as Berberian Sound Studio or The Duke of Burgundy will tell you, so if this is your first exposure to one of his films, then I'd not be surprised to hear you think it's more than a little 'odd'...

If the idea of a feature-length, acid-laced Tales of the Unexpected generally appeals, then you'll probably be in the groove to enjoy most of his work...

The Roger Ebert site gives a fair indication as to what to expect, and some explanation as to In Fabric's underlying consumerist themes - https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/in-fabric-movie-review-2019

Link here to the BBC iPlayer site where it's still available for a couple more weeks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s61x

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Right... I'm now planning my weekend around this!

Convinced the missus last week that Saint Maud was worth a punt and she loved it
- not so much Suspiria though (I know heresy! Where's that Goblin LP?)
- I wonder if I can get this on the viewing schedule!?

Thanks for the heads up!
-sd

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”