Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

any snooker fans till around?

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

any snooker fans till around?

Postby nimnarb » May 25th, 2021, 6:57 am

Gods of Snooker BBC iPlayer. Well if you have been watching the game as long as I have and a self admitted Snooker fanatic since the late 60's early 70's from Joe Davis(The Sultan of Snooker) Reardon, Virgo, Taylor, Thorne, Davis, Higgins, Parrott, Mountjoy, Griffiths, Thorburn, Hendry, White, and a young Sullivan etc, and through to our stars of the recent era, this 3 parter so far, is nostalgic and very well done. But nothing beats(for me) that final with Davis and Taylor that went on till early 1.30/2 am in the morning and I was up the rest of the night thinking about it, as was just so memorable and still is to this day.

Just a few with their nicknames, some left out as too many to mention.

The Whirlwind Jimmy White(I so wanted him to win just once)
The Nugget Steve Davis(interesting)
The Hurricane Alex Higgins(perhaps the most self destructive genius talent with a cue of all time) The people's champion.
Angles Alan McManus
The Magician Shaun Murphy
The Angry Farmer David Gilbert
Ballrun Stuart Bingham
Sheriff of Pottingham Anthony Hamilton
The Rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan(on his day, just untouchable)
The Wonder Bairn Stephen Hendry(cold and calculating)
The Ace in the Pack Judd Trump
Mark Selby The Jester from Leicester.
The Captain Ali Carter
Darlin’ of Dublin Ken Doherty
Wizard of Wishaw John Higgins
Eddie Charlton Steady Eddie

Take a bow though Ray Reardon. Prince of Darkness, Dracula.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: any snooker fans till around?

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 25th, 2021, 9:49 am

nimnarb wrote:Gods of Snooker BBC iPlayer. Well if you have been watching the game as long as I have and a self admitted Snooker fanatic since the late 60's early 70's from Joe Davis(The Sultan of Snooker) Reardon, Virgo, Taylor, Thorne, Davis, Higgins, Parrott, Mountjoy, Griffiths, Thorburn, Hendry, White, and a young Sullivan etc, and through to our stars of the recent era, this 3 parter so far, is nostalgic and very well done. But nothing beats(for me) that final with Davis and Taylor that went on till early 1.30/2 am in the morning and I was up the rest of the night thinking about it, as was just so memorable and still is to this day.

Just a few with their nicknames, some left out as too many to mention.

Rather liked the - slightly unkind - alteration of Mark Selby's nickname, due to his playing style, 'The Siesta from Leicester'.

RC

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”