Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Choral Singing

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Choral Singing

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 1st, 2021, 5:54 pm

I've been rather enjoying outdoor singing. But not every choir can find a good rehearsal venue, and it certainly ups the hassle if you can't use a regular hall with a piano and a kitchen. So ...

... anyone who cares about choral music - or indeed wider issues like mental health - should sign the petition at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/586559

Bob Chilcott (a man whose life is music, working both with amateurs and professionals) captured the nonsense of the government's latest announcement when interviewed on the radio last week (I think I heard him on PM).

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Choral Singing

Postby didds » June 1st, 2021, 10:08 pm

ueah... already signed. One of my ;pcal thetarical companies was to doia few (outdoor) songs next Saturday as paet of a town "day", but got hit by the rule of six indoor thing, and had no outdoor space suitable etc.

So we're delivering a bunch of solos with backing tracks ... Mr. Cellophane for me...

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Choral Singing

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 1st, 2021, 10:38 pm

You have a good point: it's not just choral singing (as I know it) that's affected!

Our little chamber group getting together under the "rule of six" has been a lifesaver, though even that stopped in full lockdown. Of course, now the rule allows us indoors, it's precisely the season when outdoors is the greatest pleasure!

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”