Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Our Yorkshire Farm

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Our Yorkshire Farm

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » July 12th, 2021, 12:18 am

To be found on Channel My 5 which is, I am lead to believe, a free to watch channel.

Ben Fogle has visited this farm and one of his episodes was about it.

There are four series to watch. However, there is some "slight" repetition.

This isn't for everyone in my opinion. But if you are close to nature and farming and can cut through the "TV" glamour this isn't a bad watch.

I spent much of my teenage life on a friends small holding. Not quite on the scale as the farm in this series but it reminds me of the two surrogate parents I had. Two kind people. Two people that treated me as their own.

Give it a try - if it's not for you then turn it off.

AiY

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Re: Our Yorkshire Farm

Postby Redmires » July 12th, 2021, 1:12 am

I enjoyed the Kate Humble farm programmes (Ch 5) as well. The girl's not frightened of getting her hands (and arms) dirty. Wonderful countryside as well - but I'm a bit biased as it's on my doorstep.

ten0rman
Lemon Slice

Re: Our Yorkshire Farm

Postby ten0rman » July 12th, 2021, 11:55 am

I too spent a lot of my early teenage years on the farm over the backwall. Said farm was highish up in the Yorkshire Pennines and had, I suppose, what might have passed for the flattest land hearabouts, but even so it was not level. Anyway, said farmer taught me to drive the tractor (Grey Fergie), I learned about cows & bulls, including "the bull in the bowler hat", summer & winter farm work including snow (remember snow?) driving etc. In short, a very good learning experience for a rather naive youngster, and one that looking back, I wouldn't have missed. I even took a driving test on the tractor and then during the summer months cheerfully tow a ton or two of hay up the road whilst belching out more smoke than a R.N. Battleship. Yes, yes, I know, the engine was clapped out, but back then we neither knew about pollution nor cared about it.

Cheers,

ten0rman

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”