Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Pig (2021)

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Pig (2021)

Postby Itsallaguess » October 3rd, 2021, 8:16 am

On of my favourite films of the year so far -

Pig (2021) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4nRpdONaAA

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Pig (2021)

Postby servodude » October 3rd, 2021, 8:30 am

Itsallaguess wrote:On of my favourite films of the year so far -

Pig (2021) -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I'm finding it really difficult to sell this to the missus; really looking forward to seeing it myself (which might be how I have to watch it :( )

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 3rd, 2021, 9:05 am

servodude wrote:

Pig (2021) -

I'm finding it really difficult to sell this to the missus; really looking forward to seeing it myself (which might be how I have to watch it :( )

Insist...

I think the restaurant scene has changed my life...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » October 6th, 2021, 8:56 pm

Way over my head. Really tired hard to understand this and had to read up on what other reviewers have said(to fathom out what i am missing here) which were more than positive, so obviously I am in the vast minority, but for me, it was really boring, if not incomprehensible in parts, particular what supposedly, masochistic chefs like doing in their spare time when not cooking(non-spoiler here). What I did appreciate was that one scene when he told that snotty chef the real truth about the gastronomy business in general which did resonate with me and was acted superbly. Otherwise, entertainment wise, which these days i need, as opposed to fathom out every nuance plus understanding the meaning of life, it was a pig of a film...for me. :? Plus a dull ending.

Hope others here have a go at this and comment back.

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » October 17th, 2021, 12:07 pm

I watched this last night and thought it was great. Very individual and different from most mainstream movies, reminded me in terms of tone at least of Nomadland. It had a unusually restrained performance from Nicolas Cage, who can be great actor, just not often (enough). My wife, who also enjoyed the film, said after it had ended that she wondered why NC did the film after seeing the script, which is a good point. The script is lean, but I do prefer show don't tell when it comes to movies. Endless exposition is tedious. I think it's a film I think I will have to return to. A word too for the quality of the cinemography, hats off to the DP, and also to the musical director for the score which I enjoyed very much.

Anyway just my tuppence worth. I fully accept that it won't everyone's cup of truffle latte.

MM

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » December 13th, 2021, 12:59 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
servodude wrote:

Pig (2021) -

Insist...

I think the restaurant scene has changed my life...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Finally saw this at the weekend and it might just be my film of the year

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » January 5th, 2022, 7:26 pm

We gave this a try after reading the reviews here. Clearly it's a Marmite/truffle/Bovril film (but I can't stand any of these products) and for me, it was the dullest 8 hours of my life. Apparently running time is only 90 minutes, but it felt longer - much, much longer.

My precis (no spoilers) Man from backwoods cabin never washes, goes to city, still doesn't wash, doesn't even wipe blood from his face, does implausible things in a variety of implausible situations, and people react in very implausible ways. Fin.
Just my opinion. It would be a dull world if we all liked the same things.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”