Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Silent Witness

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Silent Witness

Postby terminal7 » June 2nd, 2022, 11:21 am

At one stage - maybe 10/15 years ago - this was passible fair - but the latest series hits depths yet unplumbed. The script is bordering on so bad as to be really amusing. As to the acting - the old hacks sleep walk through it and the newbies are hardly school Xmas panto level. All in all - mesmeric.

T7

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Silent Witness

Postby Arborbridge » June 2nd, 2022, 12:23 pm

terminal7 wrote:At one stage - maybe 10/15 years ago - this was passible fair - but the latest series hits depths yet unplumbed. The script is bordering on so bad as to be really amusing. As to the acting - the old hacks sleep walk through it and the newbies are hardly school Xmas panto level. All in all - mesmeric.

T7

Well, I must say I haven't found it quite so disturbing as you have :)
I quite like this series for its having a long story embedded in a group of short stories, plus - naturally - the personal goings on of the main characters. The normal problem with SW is that the story becomes so convolute to an old buffer like me that I can never remember what happened! This series seems a bit clearly to me.

If Nikki makes off with her principal boy this time, I'd take it that will signal "the end". The old rule is that you shouldn't allow the male and female leads to get together, for that is always the end of development. As we all know.....

Arb.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » June 2nd, 2022, 1:07 pm

I'm no medical expert but I think it is coming to the end of it's natural.....maybe euthanasia should be considered?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » June 2nd, 2022, 5:29 pm

Arborbridge wrote:

If Nikki makes off with her principal boy this time, I'd take it that will signal "the end". The old rule is that you shouldn't allow the male and female leads to get together, for that is always the end of development. As we all know.....

Arb.

But doesn't SW have a history of just killing off one of them if that happens?

John

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » June 2nd, 2022, 5:44 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

Arb.

But doesn't SW have a history of just killing off one of them if that happens?

John

Yes, that could be a way out. I think her previous potential paramour just left the series, so killing one off would add another good bit of drama to explore.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”