Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The Alpinist

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Alpinist

Postby nimnarb » July 10th, 2022, 2:01 am

For someone who suffers from vertigo this was at times nerve racking. Can’t even climb up a tall ladder. Are these people insane or just have a death wish?
However, when he was climbing in Argentina and at times you tend to forget that it’s being filmed from all angles which means that he is not on his own, there was one scene where he said he needs three pairs of shoes for the various conditions encountered and he was climbing without his backpack that would have contained said shoes plus equipment and therefore someone else had it?

Yes, understand it’s a film made for the viewer and damn fine job they did. Scared the crap out of me but anything over 10 feet tends to do that. Thx Snorvs. :D

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 10th, 2022, 2:17 am

Also forgot to mention. Getting up is one thing, coming down surely is even more dangerous, (unless you have a 10-foot ladder like moi) and not once did you see him do this.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 10th, 2022, 2:46 am

Sorry for the third post, as I tried to delete some tongue in cheek stuff I mentioned. I had not seen the last 10 or so minutes of the film, thinking I would finish it later, so was unable to format my thoughts better in view and in respect of the ending. Those that have seen this docu-film will understand what I am talking about :( :cry:

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”