Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Shameless. Netflix

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Shameless. Netflix

Postby nimnarb » September 9th, 2023, 2:42 am

Mentioned this one before, no takers. Very dark, sick humor(and for Americans, hence the spelling) burst out loud laughter, cannot quite believe what I am seeing. Warning, extreme graphic sexual material and f bombs galore(can see some trying to find the remote :lol: ) that somehow blends in with what's going on. Someone told me about this and had no idea what I was in for. Not for everyone, but would be interested to hear what others think about this. I think it's brilliant(but I'm a perv) not really :lol: But found it quite excruciatingly funny, as in, this really isn't happening, or perhaps I just need to get out more!

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Shameless. Netflix

Postby servodude » September 9th, 2023, 2:45 am

nimnarb wrote:Mentioned this one before, no takers. Very dark, sick humor(and for Americans, hence the spelling) burst out loud laughter, cannot quite believe what I am seeing. Warning, extreme graphic sexual material and f bombs galore(can see some trying to find the remote :lol: ) that somehow blends in with what's going on. Someone told me about this and had no idea what I was in for. Not for everyone, but would be interested to hear what others think about this. I think it's brilliant(but I'm a perv) not really :lol: But found it quite excruciatingly funny, as in, this really isn't happening, or perhaps I just need to get out more!

I need to give it another go probably; I think I watched it too soon off the back of the UK original

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » September 9th, 2023, 3:00 am

You're up late, unless overseas? I didn't even know there was a UK original?

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » September 9th, 2023, 3:45 am

nimnarb wrote:You're up late, unless overseas? I didn't even know there was a UK original?

Both... or I will be.. trying to watch the rugby from OZ ;)

The only issue I had with the UK one at the time (nearly 20 years back, and on checking it went for 11 seasons) was it meant Paul Abbott wasn't going to write any more "State of Play" which I thought was utterly brilliant.

When the US one started it kept everyone's names which was just a bit weird given how recent the UK one was in my memory - I will give it a go again though as the cast includes some favourites

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”