Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

"Happy Jack" by John Godber, Oct 23rd to 28th @ 1930 at the Wharf Theatre, Devizes, Wiltshire.

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
didds
Lemon Half

"Happy Jack" by John Godber, Oct 23rd to 28th @ 1930 at the Wharf Theatre, Devizes, Wiltshire.

Postby didds » October 3rd, 2023, 6:23 pm

(I checked with admins previously who accepted low key promotion of any shows and performances we may be involved in :-) )

The Wharf Theatre, Devizes is performing "Happy Jack" by John Godber, Oct 23rd to 28th @ 1930 at the Wharf Theatre, Devizes, Wiltshire.
Based on John Godber’s Yorkshire grandparents, and other members of his family, Happy Jack is a memory play, which examines the relationship between Jack and Liz.

It is a funny, touching, political play capturing the ups and downs of ordinary working class family life – at the coal face, in the pit village and by the fireside. The cast slip into the characters enacting snippets of their lives together; the love, sadness, anger, joy and conflict.

I am one of two actors in this MASSIVE two hander. I've got a mere 472 lines....

https://www.wharftheatre.co.uk/show/happy-jack/

It would be wonderful to see any of you there...

Or any of your friends who live nearby. Or far away! Its a nice town to spend a weekend in :-)

didds

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”