Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The Graham Norton Show

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

The Graham Norton Show

Postby Leothebear » October 30th, 2023, 10:35 pm

I recorded the latest show. When I saw the guest list of Arnie Schwarzenegge, Judy Dench, Jay Blades and Jack Whitehall, I doubted I'd watch it. How will that work? I thought.

Tonight I watched it and it did. Great entertainment and laughs from all the guests and their chemistry was perfect.

The only hiccup was a rather mediocre performance from Duran Duran.

Norton is underrated as a chat show host, but he consistently creates magic with his formula of letting the guests interact and letting it flow.

Leo

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Graham Norton Show

Postby CliffEdge » October 31st, 2023, 12:01 am

I was never very impressed with Duran Duran but I've come to like some of their records. Past it now though aren't they?

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » October 31st, 2023, 5:59 am

They have just released a new album albeit with some reimagined songs. It has a spooky theme so likely to bring in some extra revenue every Halloween.

Duran Duran are a new wave band anyway not an old wave band.

Probably another album in a couple of months so they don't miss out on the Christmas revenues.

I hope they can think of a better album name than, The Christmas Special.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » October 31st, 2023, 7:30 am

I dont mind Norton (and I enjoyed Arnie)....but there seems to be a constant rotation between Judy Dench and Miriam Margolyes.

Do they thaw one of them out when they're short of a guest or something?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 31st, 2023, 8:27 am

Leothebear wrote:I recorded the latest show. When I saw the guest list of Arnie Schwarzenegge, Judy Dench, Jay Blades and Jack Whitehall, I doubted I'd watch it. How will that work? I thought.

Tonight I watched it and it did. Great entertainment and laughs from all the guests and their chemistry was perfect.

The only hiccup was a rather mediocre performance from Duran Duran.

Norton is underrated as a chat show host, but he consistently creates magic with his formula of letting the guests interact and letting it flow.

Leo

Graham Norton is, as you say, really good at his job. Sometimes the chemistry is really good - as it was on Friday. Occasionally, it falls flat and that's often when there is a big American star with an ego to match. On those occasions the others tend to get steamrollered. Arnie and Tom Hanks, for example, are able to be both entertaining and meld with the other guests.
It was clear that Arnie probably had not much of a clue about a couple of the others, but he managed to pass comments as though they were all buddies together. A nice character with great empathy, it seemed to me.

Arb.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”