Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Things to look forward to.

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Things to look forward to.

Postby Gerry557 » November 8th, 2023, 9:12 am

I've just seen a couple of promos for things that I will be looking forward to.

The first is Season three of Slow Horses due at the end of the month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVg_D1 ... c29uIDM%3D

Then mid December sees the second season of Reacher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI

Obviously very different in style but similar in other ways. I might have binged Reacher but it's being spread out this time. I'll just have to catch up on the couple of books I've not read since the brother started writing.

At least it's something for these dark dismal nights.

On the film side there isn't much I can say is on the list. Oppenheimer is available on disc on the 22nd of November and I will probably give it a go. Although it a Nolan so no Atmos sound. Can you make out what they say in this one, as he has form.

Hopefully there is something unexpected that tickles my fancy.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: Things to look forward to.

Postby Gerry557 » December 15th, 2023, 11:19 pm

Oppenheimer was interesting and above average. Mission Impossible was good as expected. The second part has been delayed

Slow Horses and Reacher are both top notch. With the latter filming a third season.

I look forward to the rest of these TV series. Hopefully 2024 will improve the film side somewhat.

I think I have run out of things to look forward too screen wise.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » December 16th, 2023, 6:38 am

Thanks for the tips!

Is Prime Video good value? I'm a Reacher fan and and tempted to get it for that alone.
Stupidest thing ever was casting Tom Cruise in the role, but that guy seems to fit the bill.
Leo

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Postby Dicky99 » December 16th, 2023, 9:13 am

Leothebear wrote:Thanks for the tips!

Is Prime Video good value? I'm a Reacher fan and and tempted to get it for that alone.
Stupidest thing ever was casting Tom Cruise in the role, but that guy seems to fit the bill.
Leo

You could use the 30 day free trial to binge watch all the things you like, after familiarising with the process for unsubscribing before any money leaves your account.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » December 16th, 2023, 11:01 am

Is Prime Video good value?

I think its up to you to decide. You sometimes get cheaper prices and quicker delivery, access to music and video. You can pay just for a limited time such as a month and there is usually a free trial which gets repeated every so often and or extended for free when you try and cancel.

I think a free trial to watch both seasons would be worth it for a Reacher fan. Note the last one is scheduled for Friday 19th Jan

So you might want to sign up the missus after crimbo! or time your trial.

Personally I dont always have prime or a TV licence for that matter

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 16th, 2023, 11:13 am

Gerry557 wrote:Is Prime Video good value?

I think its up to you to decide. You sometimes get cheaper prices and quicker delivery, access to music and video. You can pay just for a limited time such as a month and there is usually a free trial which gets repeated every so often and or extended for free when you try and cancel.

I think a free trial to watch both seasons would be worth it for a Reacher fan. Note the last one is scheduled for Friday 19th Jan

As I understand it, they pay very little tax to our government, which in effect makes the cost to all of us greater. I would therefore argue that anything bought from companies like this is poor value.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » December 16th, 2023, 12:55 pm

Gerry557 wrote:Is Prime Video good value?

Agree with the above. As it is part of my Amazon Prime membership it has other benefits regarding books, music, electronic items etc. I doubt that I would subscribe to Prime video as a separate service as I find very little of interest and rather limited in 'new' programmes.

T7

ps Slow Horses is exceptional - Gary Oldman, Saskia Reeves et al are top class - effectively a very very seedy Tinker Tailor . . .

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » December 17th, 2023, 10:09 am

Unbeknown to me I discovered we're already signed up for it! MrsLTB didn't realise the package include video.

Strated series 1 of Reacher and liked it apart from the regular screen freeze which I don't get on any other streaming service. I'm hoping it was due to extra demand due to the realease of series 2.

Thanks for the advice!

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » December 19th, 2023, 9:45 am

Arborbridge wrote:
As I understand it, they pay very little tax to our government, which in effect makes the cost to all of us greater. I would therefore argue that anything bought from companies like this is poor value.

They may not pay much corporation tax, but they pay plenty in national insurance, and collect plenty of VAT.

DM

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 19th, 2023, 11:24 am

dionaeamuscipula wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

They may not pay much corporation tax, but they pay plenty in national insurance, and collect plenty of VAT.

DM

I always find that sort of reasoning from American corporations a bit of a nerve, quite honestly. It's as though we should be grateful to them for fleecing the country, wrecking the high-street smashing up our roads with extra traffic and walking away with billions. Then they have a cheek to say it's all good because employees pay lots of tax and NI and we dob in a bit too.

Arb.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”