Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Amazon Prime / Premier League Football

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Amazon Prime / Premier League Football

Postby Tedx » December 5th, 2023, 8:29 pm

This week's EPL is being brought to you by Amazon.

Tonight, Luton v [expletive deleted] and Wolves Burnley

Later this week ..Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd...etc etc etc

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Re: Amazon Prime / Premier League Football

Postby Tedx » December 6th, 2023, 9:18 am

Yeah, and the best game of the night, Luton v [expletive deleted] stopped working for me just before half time. A problem with my HMDI lead said the Amazon on screen warning. Replace it they said - a quick Google shows it's been quite a long term problem for Amazon.

....and if its the HDMI lead thats faulty, how come every other stream (Sky, Netflix etc) works fine?

....more to the point, if its the HDMI lead then how come everything else was working on Amazon....INCLUDING the boring Wolves game they were also live streaming?

bah.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » December 6th, 2023, 9:19 am

Last night was the first time in some 10 years that I had watched a match on TV. Happen to have Amazon Prime and noticed 'free' match.

I was bowled over by the production - particularly the camera work. Maybe the Luton ground helped by being so compact and the atmosphere was certainly caught by the various tracking shots over the fans. Even the analysis has improved with Henry and Martinez providing interesting insights. Only one thing not changed - same bland comments by ex England forward.

Surprised little comment though on winning goal scored by Rice in 7th minute of time added on - when it was officially given as 6 mins of time added on. I suspect that the Luton goalkeeper caused that as he faffed around for about 30/45 secs before punting ball upfield deep in to this period - I suspect the ref added this on to the 6 mins.

T7

ps Second half was brilliant Tedx

scotview
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotview » December 6th, 2023, 9:32 am

Tedx wrote:Yeah, and the best game of the night, Luton v [expletive deleted] stopped working for me just before half time.
bah.

Watched Alfreton v Walsall in FA cup last night on iplayer..........the FA cup is just great. Some of the Alfreton guys had to drive nearly 3 hours to get to the ground. Guys with day jobs playing against a division 2 team.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » December 6th, 2023, 10:50 am

ps Second half was brilliant Tedx

Yeah, yeah. Typical.

:D

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » December 7th, 2023, 8:39 pm

Tedx wrote:Yeah, and the best game of the night, Luton v [expletive deleted] stopped working for me just before half time. A problem with my HMDI lead said the Amazon on screen warning. Replace it they said - a quick Google shows it's been quite a long term problem for Amazon.

....and if its the HDMI lead thats faulty, how come every other stream (Sky, Netflix etc) works fine?

....more to the point, if its the HDMI lead then how come everything else was working on Amazon....INCLUDING the boring Wolves game they were also live streaming?

bah.

Hmmm. It seems to be an issue with watching Amazon live through the Sky Stream box, because the HDMI issue happened last night and again tonight. However I've just turned the TV on and accessed Amazon via the TVs pre installed app and it seems to be working perfectly.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » December 8th, 2023, 9:14 am

I can remember the days when you thumped the top of the telly to stabilise the vertical hold.......

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » December 8th, 2023, 4:44 pm

Seems to have burned out the local Three cell tower.

What other reason normal 20+Mb/sec download speed has, and continues to be, sub 1Mb/sec and usual 4 or 5 bars on my router cut down to 2 bars?

And at those speeds it's impossible to watch football on Amazon Prime. :( :(

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » December 8th, 2023, 5:20 pm

Laughton wrote:Seems to have burned out the local Three cell tower.

What other reason normal 20+Mb/sec download speed has, and continues to be, sub 1Mb/sec and usual 4 or 5 bars on my router cut down to 2 bars?

And at those speeds it's impossible to watch football on Amazon Prime. :( :(

Have you tried thumping the top of the local Three cell tower? Or the top of the telly?
doolally

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » December 8th, 2023, 6:11 pm

Did consider thumping the Three chat person who claimed that there were definitely no problems with any of the towers in my area and specifically the one that my external aerial is pointed at.

Still only 2 bars on my router (has been all day today) and yes I have swithed it off and left it unplugged for 10 minutes.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”