Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Reminiscence

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Reminiscence

Postby redsturgeon » January 14th, 2024, 9:17 am

Just watched this on Netflix, starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson and Thandiwe Newton. I am a fan of Sci Fi and fil noir and this hit both buttons for me,I enjoyed it.

It was a failure at the box office and is by no means an epic blockbuster. This review sums it up quite well

"It's The Maltese Falcon meets Inception somewhere in the Vanilla Sky on the way to Chinatown in the inventive and ambitious but wildly convoluted and ultimately disappointing sci-fi noir Reminiscence

but don't let that put you off too much, I thought it a breath of fresh air compared to much of the "Marvel universe" type stuff.

Reminiscence is a 2021 American neo-noir science fiction thriller film written, directed and produced by Lisa Joy in her feature directorial debut. Starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson, Thandiwe Newton, Cliff Curtis, Marina de Tavira and Daniel Wu, it follows a man who uses a machine that can see people's memories to try to find his missing love.

John

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”