Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The Greatest Night In Pop

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

The Greatest Night In Pop

Postby nimnarb » February 2nd, 2024, 4:31 am

Netflix. Just watch it. Getting 40 or so Pop Stars, if not icons, in one room, to make "We are the World" over one long night,(for free) plus keeping their ego's in check, well just incredible, and I thought, oh no, not another one of these pop documentaries, but I was so wrong.

Miss you Michael, reminded me again of a voice so pure.................

p.s. and all really thx to Bob Geldof, one of our own.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Greatest Night In Pop

Postby terminal7 » February 2nd, 2024, 10:07 am

Agree Nimbarb - fascinating documentary - too many great cameos to note - nevertheless loved Geldoff's short call to arms, drole humour of a few artists such as Huey Lewis who evidently felt they were playing slightly out of their league, the Prince/Sheila E bitter taste, the spontaneous burst of song tribute to Harry Belafonte, Stevie mimicking Dylan in order to get Dylan revved up for his solo, how good was Cyndie L - I had no idea, the Boss - all class . . . . I could go on. Given I do not like a number of the main players (artistically), it was refreshing to see most had taken note of maestro Quincy's note on the door!

T7

BTW - Rolling Stone podcast available on the background to the film including interview with Sheila E

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”