Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

C4 The Jury

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Dicky99
Lemon Slice

C4 The Jury

Postby Dicky99 » February 29th, 2024, 10:44 pm

This was a 4 part social experiment. A real trial recreated for two Jurys, though each were kept separate so don't know there are two Jurys being addressed. How would the verdicts compare with each other and with the real life verdict?

A man admitted killing his wife but was it murder or manslaughter arising out of a complete loss of control?

I've never been called up but it came across exactly as I imagined it might be. Those who were ready to rapidly jump to unshakeable judgement, those who quickly forgot important direction, thoughtful reflective people being brow beaten by the mouthy ones.
In one instance a Jury member was directing the others that they should decide based on balance of probability :? so I guess he must be a bar room lawyer.

One thing that was unique about this experiment was that it was a first for legal experts to be a fly on the wall observing how a Jury plays out in the formulation of their verdict.
I found the whole thing a bit dismaying tbh.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”