Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Is rising inflation looming?

including Budgets
Nimrod103
Lemon Half

Re: Is rising inflation looming?

Postby Nimrod103 » June 25th, 2022, 11:15 pm

Wuffle wrote:Going more local in the twilight is fine.
Being forced to live a worse life than your parents when you still have some 'whooosh' about you is not fine.

W.

The whole point about an inflationary period, is that it is proof that people are not as rich as they think they are. If the Government has been debasing the currency in order to pretend to people that the good times can just keep rolling on, then the subsequent inflation is bringing that debasement to everyone's attention. Of course people don't like it. We will all be poorer (unless we have a powerful union to defend us).

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Re: Is rising inflation looming?

Postby Charlottesquare » June 27th, 2022, 10:15 am

Nimrod103 wrote:
Wuffle wrote:Going more local in the twilight is fine.
Being forced to live a worse life than your parents when you still have some 'whooosh' about you is not fine.

W.

The whole point about an inflationary period, is that it is proof that people are not as rich as they think they are. If the Government has been debasing the currency in order to pretend to people that the good times can just keep rolling on, then the subsequent inflation is bringing that debasement to everyone's attention. Of course people don't like it. We will all be poorer (unless we have a powerful union to defend us).

Or unless one has a goodly tranche of assets not denominated in monetary amounts. I will need to start drawing up the map with X marks the spot for my soon to be buried gold and gems (or in my case more a large collection of Hornby Dublo, a 60s/70s/80s vinyl collection and a 70s/80s B & O stereo)

Return to “The Economy”