Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Trip to Rome

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
laladonny
Lemon Slice

Trip to Rome

Postby laladonny » December 2nd, 2021, 12:47 am

A hoidy-toidy woman was at her hairdresser's on Park Avenue getting her hair styled prior to a trip to Rome. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser.

The hairdresser said "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there. asked HTW? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome. "What airline you flying?"
"Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"
"Continental?" A terrible airline. Their planes are old and late, and their flight attendants are ugly.
"So, where are you staying in Rome?"
"We'll be at an exclusive little place on Rome's left bank called Teste....."
"Don't go any further. I know that place! Everybody thinks it's something exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small and overpriced and the service is awful.
So, whatcha doing when you get there?"
"We're going to go to see the Vatican and hope to see the Pope."
"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people. He'll look the size of a ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked about the trip to Rome.
"It was wonderful," explained the woman. We were right on time on one of Continental's brand new planes. It was overbooked and they bumped us to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28 year old steward who waited on me hand and foot. The hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the owner's lavish suite at no extra charge."

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "lucky you, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."
"Actually, we were lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope wanted to meet some of the visitors. If I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me." Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he said a few words to me."

"He really did?" "Gosh, what did His Holiness say as you lowered yourself before him?"
The hoidy-toidy woman from Park Avenue batted her lashes and smiled the sweetest smile she'd smiled in years. "The Pope said, 'Where the hell did you get that shitty hairdo?'"

Return to “Laughing Lemons”