Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The bridge

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
laladonny
Lemon Slice

The bridge

Postby laladonny » November 20th, 2020, 12:01 am

Boudreaux live across de bayou from Clarence who he don like at all. Dey all de time yell across de bayou at each other. Boudreaux would yell to Clarence, "If I had a way to cross dis bayou, I'd come over dere an beat you up good, yeah!"

Dis went on for years. Finally de state done built a bridge across dat bayou right by dere houses and Boudreaux's wife, Marie, say, "Now is you chance, Boudreaux. Why don you go over dere and beat up dat Clarence like you say?"

Boudreaux say, "OK," and start across de bridge but he sees a sign on de bridge an he stop to read it and den he go back home. Marie say, "Why you back so soon?" And Boudreaux say, "Marie, I dun change my mind 'bout beatin' up dat Clarence. You know, Marie, dey got a sign on dat dere bridge what say "Clarence 13 ft. 6 in." You know, he don look near dat big when I yell at him from across de bayou."

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: The bridge

Postby csearle » November 20th, 2020, 4:03 am

Groan. I find myself wondering whether the time and effort struggling to read the accent was justified by the dodgy wit. On the other hand I had only ever heard the word "bayou" in association with The Carpenters and Jambalaya (On The Bayou) so was pleased to look it up and find out what it actually means.

Chris

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 20th, 2020, 8:38 am

csearle wrote:Groan. I find myself wondering whether the time and effort struggling to read the accent was justified by the dodgy wit. On the other hand I had only ever heard the word "bayou" in association with The Carpenters and Jambalaya (On The Bayou) so was pleased to look it up and find out what it actually means.

Chris

It's a tapestry, innit?

--kiloran

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » November 20th, 2020, 12:03 pm

csearle wrote:Groan. I find myself wondering whether the time and effort struggling to read the accent was justified by the dodgy wit. On the other hand I had only ever heard the word "bayou" in association with The Carpenters and Jambalaya (On The Bayou) so was pleased to look it up and find out what it actually means.

Chris

Roy Orbison"s Blue Bayou? A classic.

I once went to see him live at Ceasar's Palace.

Unfortunately it was Luton rather than Vegas.

John

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » November 20th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Chris

I like the joke.
Jambalaya by the Carps nah, sickly version Hank Williams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKOVPXhlnE the creator. There's an up tempo Brenda Lee version too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7Q98Owh4U

Return to “Laughing Lemons”