Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Red Hot Chili Pipers on the BBC Newa

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
flopski2
Lemon Pip

Red Hot Chili Pipers on the BBC Newa

Postby flopski2 » November 25th, 2020, 4:47 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55065071

He added: "It's the constant 'are you a true Scotsman?' - basically asking you if you're wearing underwear or not. If you reversed that behaviour and I was to say to a woman 'can I ask what you're wearing underneath your dress' it would be a whole different ball game."

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Red Hot Chili Pipers on the BBC Newa

Postby stevensfo » November 25th, 2020, 6:23 pm

"I used to tell my mum and dad - they would say it's just one of those things. But is it really? That was 1976 behaviour, it's not acceptable."

Not really for Laughing Lemons. If you were working in a Private Boarding school, Childrens Home, Orphanage etc in those days, providing it didn't involve actual sexual penetration, you got away with everything.

For every one brought to justice, I reckon there were/are hundreds or even thousands still out there. But all dead or retired.

I met a guy who went to a private school close to us in the 1970s, and sexual abuse was just an everyday occurrence. In those days, nobody worried about kids. A totally different world.

Steve

Return to “Laughing Lemons”