Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Is a puzzlement

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
laladonny
Lemon Slice

Is a puzzlement

Postby laladonny » February 26th, 2021, 1:06 am

Q. If someone from the 1950’s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?
A. I possess a device in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with total strangers.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Re: Is a puzzlement

Postby Watis » February 26th, 2021, 8:36 am

laladonny wrote:Q. If someone from the 1950’s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?
A. I possess a device in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with total strangers.

Very good.

Or, having to explain why they shouldn't stand so close to me - and put this mask on!

Watis

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » February 26th, 2021, 8:59 am

laladonny wrote:Q. If someone from the 1950’s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?

I most certainly don't...

....oh bugger.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » February 26th, 2021, 1:45 pm

laladonny wrote:Q. If someone from the 1950’s suddenly appeared today

I AM from the 1950's :!:

Adrian

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » March 1st, 2021, 6:31 pm

Is this Laughing Lemons, or a philosophical board?

In any case, I would say the ability of some people to come home and spend every hour till they went to bed in front of a screen, yet not remember much about it a few days later. You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile! 8-)

George Orwell would be proud, but I guess his books have already been taken off the curriculum. Can't have independent thought, now, Can we!

Steve

PS OB joke: What's the difference between a magician's wand and a policeman's truncheon?

One's for cunning stunts, the other's for hitting people on the head.

neversay
Lemon Slice

Postby neversay » March 2nd, 2021, 11:08 am

stevensfo wrote:PS OB joke: What's the difference between a magician's wand and a policeman's truncheon?

One's for cunning stunts, the other's for hitting people on the head.

That reminds me of the classic Mrs Merton interview of Debbie McGee

"Unlike her husband Paul Daniels who is know for his cunning stunts, our next guest Debbie McGee is known for her stunning [...]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

Return to “Laughing Lemons”