Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Curly Wurly only 3p

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Curly Wurly only 3p

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » May 11th, 2021, 12:15 am

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Curly Wurly only 3p

Postby bungeejumper » May 11th, 2021, 8:59 am

Thanks for the memory. I was working at the Cadburys Bournville factory when Curly Wurlys first came out, and they were a bit of a laugh in their own right. The staff shop, where assorted Cadburys mis-shapes were sold off cheap (in plain wrappers), featured examples that would have made it to the walls of the Tate Modern these days. Oh my god, the mis-shapes. :lol:

You see, Curly Wurlys were a bit of a technological revolution. The first computer-controlled extruded sweet, I think, but the programming wasn't too clever at first. Your basic CW was built around a plaited stream of toffee, laid down by three nozzles which pirouetted neatly around each other like Scottish country dancers. But the early prototypes made it look as though they'd all been on the malt. There were mangled-spaghetti shapes, square shapes, animal shapes, and some that just made the factory girls giggle. (Filthy minds, some of those wimmin...)

And by the time the errors had been spotted, they were irreversibly covered in chocolate, and the only question was whether to feed them to the pigs or to the staff. Fortunately, the pigs usually lost. Willy Wonka would have laughed till he was sick.

BJ

Return to “Laughing Lemons”