Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Groans R Us

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
laladonny
Lemon Slice

Groans R Us

Postby laladonny » September 19th, 2021, 1:00 am

It is not a well known fact, but soccer was very popular in ancient Rome. The Coliseum was used for matches. There was a big match planned for one Saturday, and three famous Romans arranged to meet at the Coliseum to see the match (Rome vs. Naples). When the day came, Caesar and Cassius met in their favorite bar, but there was no sign of their friend Brutus. So shortly before the kick-off, they gave up and went to their reserved seats to watch the game.

At half time, Brutus finally arrived "Sorry I'm late," he said. "The wheel came off the chariot, and I couldn't get it fixed. How's the game going?"

"It's been a fantastic game so far," Caesar replied.

"What's the score, then?"

"Eight-two, Brutus."

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Groans R Us

Postby XFool » September 22nd, 2021, 10:30 pm

...We'll let you know.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Re: Groans R Us

Postby stewamax » September 23rd, 2021, 10:10 am

laladonny wrote:Eight-two, Brutus."

Must be US Latin.
Apprehensive of imminent flogging or worse* by the Classics master, we soon learned that the implied 'Et tu' needs the vocative case to follow, so this should read Eight-two, Brute, especially if Brutus was a sadist.

* my school - motto 'Qui bene amat, bene castigat' routinely confused corporal punishment with capital punishment. The headmaster's study had a diptych of Judge Jeffreys and Dr John Keate

Return to “Laughing Lemons”