Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The funniest thing I ever saw.

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

The funniest thing I ever saw.

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 11th, 2021, 8:02 pm

I promise you, the following anecdote is 100% true, and it happened to me many years ago. It's not a joke, so don't expect a punchline, it's just simply a really funny story...

So, my Mother in Law was in hospital. She was in quite a bad way, and had been put on a mixed ward. That particular evening, I realised there would be nobody with her, and being honest, I didn't want her to die alone, if that was what was going to happen. So, I drove over to the hospital early evening, and sat by her bed. The evening wore on, and then they turned the ward lights off, and the only illumination came from a desk light on the ward sister's desk, at the far end of the ward.

I started to doze in the chair, but it was actually pretty noisy, people moaning and groaning and crying out in their sleep, I guess there were maybe eight beds on each side of the ward, and at the end, perhaps a couple of chairs near the desk.

It must have been about 3.00am or so, one restless gentleman got out of his bed, and did a shuffle round the ward, and then started a second circuit. This must have tired him out though, so he sat on one of the chairs at the end of the ward, and I assume, started to doze off there. I was just dozing myself, watching my Mother In Law, and listening to the night sounds of the ward, plus I was a bit cold. Then a lady climbed out of her bed, and I thought was going to do a circuit of the ward, similar to the chap dozing at the end of the ward.

If you ever see an accident sometimes it seems to happen in slow motion, and this is exactly what happened. The lady ambled round the ward, got to where the guy in the chair was dozing, turned around slowly to face down the ward, lifted her nightdress and began peeing onto his lap. He cried out in shock, she screamed in fright, the ward sister came running in, and all hell broke loose. Other people were woken up and the lights came back on. What a kerfuffle, hospital staff calming the pair of them down and cleaning them up. Me? Sad to say, I couldn't help laughing, as I'd seen it all happen in horrifying slow motion, and despite its awfulness, I laughed so much. Finally, order was restored and after the drama, I finally managed to grab a bit of sleep till the next morning. I still laugh so much at the memory though , 100% the funniest thing I ever saw.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: The funniest thing I ever saw.

Postby csearle » December 11th, 2021, 9:35 pm

The nearest recollection to this of mine was when I was a boy, sub 10, and (apparently) had walked into mum 'n dad's bedroom, in Brentwood, opened a wardrobe door and made all the movements associated with taking a leak. Later mum claimed she asked me what I was doing and I simultaneously awoke and said I was having a wee. :)

Apparently this caused a hurried commotion resulting, ultimately, in the correct direction of the jet.

C.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » December 22nd, 2021, 2:09 pm

csearle wrote:The nearest recollection to this of mine was when I was a boy, sub 10, and (apparently) had walked into mum 'n dad's bedroom, in Brentwood, opened a wardrobe door and made all the movements associated with taking a leak. Later mum claimed she asked me what I was doing and I simultaneously awoke and said I was having a wee. :)

Apparently this caused a hurried commotion resulting, ultimately, in the correct direction of the jet.

C.

Our eldest did the same. We'd moved house, he was about 7, one late evening walked into our bedroom, peed on the carpet and walked out again, still half asleep.

He'd done something similar when younger, peeing in another apartment while on holiday. Fortunately, they had young children so saw the funny side. Despite the forced smiles. ;)

Steve

PS I have to have a chat one day about why he keeps getting fired. 8-)

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 22nd, 2021, 2:39 pm

Sorry to say, I find this sad rather than funny. I do not think I should have been laughing or enjoying everyone else's confusion and embarassment.

Arb.

Return to “Laughing Lemons”