Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Postby Clitheroekid » December 15th, 2021, 1:35 pm

I decide to wash the car. I start toward the garage and notice the mail on the desk. OK, I'm going to wash the car...but first, I'm going to go through the mail.

I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail...and notice the wastepaper bin is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on the table and take the wastepaper out, but since I'm going to be near the post box anyway, I'll pay these few bills first.

Now where's the cheque book? Oops...there's only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in the desk. As I start looking for the cheques, I see the Coke I was drinking sitting on the desk...I'm going to look for those cheques...

But first I need to put my Coke further away from the computer... oh, maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while... I head toward the kitchen and the plants catch my eye, they need some water... I set the Coke on the counter and uh oh! There's my glasses... I was looking for them all morning! I'm pretty sure I really don't have age activated attention deficit disorder.

I'd better put the glasses away first. I fill a container with water and head for the flowerpots. Aaaaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the kitchen. We'll never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs.

I splash some water into the pots and onto the floor, I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do...!!??!! And it's NOT an aging disorder, or deficit, or anything like that, I think.

It's the end of the day: The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the Coke is sitting on the kitchen counter, flowers are half watered, the cheque book still only has one cheque in it and I can't seem to find my car keys!

When I try to work out how nothing got done today, I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!

I realize this Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder is a serious condition and I'd better get help, BUT FIRST I think I'll check my e-mail...

Cornytiv34
Lemon Pip

Re: AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Postby Cornytiv34 » December 15th, 2021, 2:33 pm

I recognise the symptoms myself and found an american folk singer, Tom Rush who is in the same boat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yN-6PbqAPM

Enjoy,
Mike

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » December 22nd, 2021, 2:22 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:I decide to wash the car. I start toward the garage and notice the mail on the desk. OK, I'm going to wash the car...but first, I'm going to go through the mail.

I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail...and notice the wastepaper bin is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on the table and take the wastepaper out, but since I'm going to be near the post box anyway, I'll pay these few bills first.

Now where's the cheque book? Oops...there's only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in the desk. As I start looking for the cheques, I see the Coke I was drinking sitting on the desk...I'm going to look for those cheques...

But first I need to put my Coke further away from the computer... oh, maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while... I head toward the kitchen and the plants catch my eye, they need some water... I set the Coke on the counter and uh oh! There's my glasses... I was looking for them all morning! I'm pretty sure I really don't have age activated attention deficit disorder.

I'd better put the glasses away first. I fill a container with water and head for the flowerpots. Aaaaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the kitchen. We'll never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs.

I splash some water into the pots and onto the floor, I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do...!!??!! And it's NOT an aging disorder, or deficit, or anything like that, I think.

It's the end of the day: The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the Coke is sitting on the kitchen counter, flowers are half watered, the cheque book still only has one cheque in it and I can't seem to find my car keys!

When I try to work out how nothing got done today, I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!

I realize this Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder is a serious condition and I'd better get help, BUT FIRST I think I'll check my e-mail...

Oh crikey, I can identify with this. When my wife is away, I rejoice in having time to do some de-cluttering and sorting out the house and garden. So start to tidy things, notice the dust, go to get cloth etc, notice clothes that need taking down to washing machine, then my clothes that need sorting out, ornaments that need cleaning, go to get sprays, notice hedge outside, steps full of leaves, garage needs sorting out, so much junk downstairs, so make pile to throw away? Then see that carpet on stairs is filthy, pride myself on my cordless vacuum cleaner, but have to charge batteries, see car, OMG! Must take to car wash! Call in on shops, buy emergency whisky ration, arrive home exhausted.

But at least the batteries are charged! 8-)

Steve

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » December 22nd, 2021, 4:16 pm

I know exactly the situstion, I can waste days being busy.

MrsF has a solution - lists.

She makes a list of things that need doing, mainly things that day, but often aspirational things. The latter is where it goes wrong.

You see, the aspirational things are fun, things we want to do when we get time, the other tasks are more humdrum.

It is why I'm sat here relaxing my back, with a 3/4 sanded kitchen floor ready for finishing and oiling.

It is also why we have a washing machine full of wet clothes and no milk.

Paul

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » December 22nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

I've always had Attention Deficit Inactivity Disorder

Return to “Laughing Lemons”