Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Dear Mum & Dad

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Dear Mum & Dad

Postby brightncheerful » July 24th, 2023, 2:03 pm

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope you are too. Tell my big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than working on the farm - tell them to get in quick smart before the jobs are all gone! I was a bit slow in settling down at first because you don't have to get out of bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, 'cos all you've got to do before brekky is make your bed and shine your boots and clean your uniform. No cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack - nothing!! You have got to shower though, but it's not so bad, because there's lots of hot water and even a light to see what you're doing!

At brekky, you get cereal, fruit and eggs, but there's no kangaroo steaks or possum stew like what Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and, by that time, all the city boys are exhausted because we've been on a 'route march' - huh, it's only just like walking to the windmill in the back paddock!!

This one will make my brothers Doug and Phil laugh. I keep getting medals for shooting - don't know why. The bullseye is as big as a possum's bum, and it doesn't move, and it's not firing back at you like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows last year! All you've got to do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of cake!! You don't even load your own cartridges they come in little boxes, and you don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes you've got to wrestle with the city boys, and I've got to be really careful because they break easily - it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once as we do at home after the muster. It turns out I'm not a bad boxer either, and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders, and as you know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.

I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how good it is.

Your loving daughter,

Sheila

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Dear Mum & Dad

Postby XFool » July 24th, 2023, 2:05 pm

... :?:

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 24th, 2023, 2:29 pm

I always liked this joke. Still funny, even after 50 years!

Steve

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » July 24th, 2023, 3:56 pm

I think this needs reporting as being disparaging towards men and any nationality other than Australian. Oh, and those from the "city"

Return to “Laughing Lemons”