Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to kiloran,Anonymous,Howard,Gostevie,JuanDB, for Donating to support the site

The Trading Log

Honest reporting on shorter-term trading activity and ideas
compscidude
Lemon Pip

Re: The Trading Log

Postby compscidude » March 21st, 2021, 8:12 pm

> Yah, that record book is literally four months old. Astounding stuff.

Hello GoSeigen, thanks for your reply.

However... what are you talking about? You surely can't have read the article.

(If paywalled, put a '.' after the .com in the URL to see the full text, or google the title to find identical coverage from other sources).

It's an all-time record.

In the text it's also clearly noted that even if you adjusted down the figures to reflect the generally larger size of equity holdings nowadays, it's still the highest inflow since 2014.

"Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs estimated that net flows into global equity funds hit a nominal record of $68 billion in the week ended March 17, which when scaled to the level of mutual-fund equity assets was the largest since December 2014."

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » March 21st, 2021, 9:35 pm

compscidude wrote:> Yah, that record book is literally four months old. Astounding stuff.

Hello GoSeigen, thanks for your reply.

However... what are you talking about? You surely can't have read the article.

(If paywalled, put a '.' after the .com in the URL to see the full text, or google the title to find identical coverage from other sources).

It's an all-time record.

In the text it's also clearly noted that even if you adjusted down the figures to reflect the generally larger size of equity holdings nowadays, it's still the highest inflow since 2014.

"Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs estimated that net flows into global equity funds hit a nominal record of $68 billion in the week ended March 17, which when scaled to the level of mutual-fund equity assets was the largest since December 2014."

No I read the article. It had nothing supporting its "record" figure except a four-month chart.

Not only that, but neither you nor the article gave additional context of net $240bn OUTFLOWS from US equities last year, following years of net outflows before that. So IMO if there are strong inflows at the start of this year, then if anything that is profoundly bullish as it signals a switch of investing strategy from a group of investors you evidently view as significant (having just posted about them).

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/1017899/us-fund-flow-records-fell-in-2020

FWIW, many of my favourite pointers are bullish equities, e.g yield curve, consumer credit, etc -- though I favour UK over the US, which is probably a mistake. So I am buying steadily still.

GS

daducky

Postby daducky » May 4th, 2021, 7:41 am

StepOne wrote:And just to point out that csd hasn't confirmed if he got back in at 763. That price was available for one day. It's currently well over 9 pounds which would have eaten significantly into the claimed 34% profit from shorting. So unless you are mystic meg there's not much attractive about the strategy being suggested.

StepOne

I seeeee ;-)

Return to “Trading my way to a million”