Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Loginned but tickoffed

Mind that apostrophe.
GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Loginned but tickoffed

Postby GoSeigen » May 26th, 2022, 11:45 am

Gawd people struggle with modal verbs, don't they? I'm thinking specifically of "log in" the verb vs "login" the noun.

Somehow Hargreaves Lansdown manage to get it exactly back to front: they urge you to login(??), and then when you've successfully loginned, they tell you that your last log in(??) was 25/05/2022. According to google "your last login" occurs 9 million times but "last log in" only one thirtieth as frequently, but clearly HL didn't get the memo.

GS

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Loginned but tickoffed

Postby servodude » May 27th, 2022, 7:18 am

GoSeigen wrote:Gawd people struggle with modal verbs, don't they? I'm thinking specifically of "log in" the verb vs "login" the noun.

Somehow Hargreaves Lansdown manage to get it exactly back to front: they urge you to login(??), and then when you've successfully loginned, they tell you that your last log in(??) was 25/05/2022. According to google "your last login" occurs 9 million times but "last log in" only one thirtieth as frequently, but clearly HL didn't get the memo.

GS

You've metaphorically made my eyes bleed and my head hurt.

I believe I was "loginned" once following a strenuous karaoke session of "I'm Alright" (the theme from Caddyshack - and really it deserves more than that)

SDN123
2 Lemon pips

Re: Loginned but tickoffed

Postby SDN123 » June 19th, 2022, 9:02 pm

servodude wrote:
You've metaphorically made my eyes bleed and my head hurt.

My eyes bleeded too. Someone should share them a dictionary.

Edit: Omg - many apologies

Return to “Pedants' Place”