Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,johnhemming,Anonymous,Rhyd6,dredd0, for Donating to support the site

A blight on the human race

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
bungeejumper
Lemon Quarter

Re: A blight on the human race

Postby bungeejumper » May 21st, 2020, 12:10 pm

As a non-dog owner I'm trying to stay out of this issue really. I've been bitten, attacked (in my own garden), be-crapped and deafened beyond the normal call of duty by other people's pooches. I've had a neighbour's semi-feral terrier which ran into our house, climbed the stairs and left its smelly present on the landing carpet. But I can see as well as anyone else that the offending mutts bring personal joy to their owners in direct measure to the usually small inconvenience they bring to others.

I do, however, draw the line at two particularly avoidable behaviours.

I don't appreciate having my leg dry-humped by some sex-starved hound whose owners don't seem able to do more than shout: "Stop it, George, I've told you before about that. Any more and you're going into the kitchen!"

And I really don't like the ones who make a beeline for my crotch and inhale the essences of my person. In the street, too. And despite the presence of a long lead which could be retracted, but isn't. Some people seem to think that sort of thing's funny. Surprising how many of them there seem to be. Grrrr. :evil:

Or maybe I need to change my brand of shower gel? (Edit: I originally wrote "aftershave", but quickly realised that that would send the discussion in all sorts of unpredictable directions.) :lol:

BJ

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: A blight on the human race

Postby PinkDalek » May 23rd, 2020, 1:29 am

bungeejumper wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:I don’t think one should forget which specific board we are on and (some) responsible dog owners shouldn’t demonise Snorveykins who, historically, has often written posts along the similar lines, in his own inimical style.

Aw, that's a bit harsh, PD. Inimitable, yes. Or did I perhaps miss the stealth emoji? ;)

Late to reply but I meant what I wrote, possibly.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”