Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

What's in a name?

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

What's in a name?

Postby bungeejumper » November 23rd, 2019, 1:14 pm

And so the first round of pre-electoral communications goes into the recycling bin. Our local Lib Dem candidate, it seems, is called Belcher, which doesn't have quite the freshly-scented liberal-romantic ring that one might have hoped for. :?

The Green candidate was due to be called Green, which would at least have been an honest approach if only she hadn't weed-killed her own candidacy at the last moment. Labour's candidate had already fought off fierce competition from Ken Anarcho-Gobshite, while the incumbent Conservative candidate (and apprentice whip, ooo-er missus) was hoping to finally bury the embarrassing legacy of her predecessor, Wilfred Emmanuel Jones, who was/is better known as BBC's the Black Farmer.

I may have made one of those up. Meanwhile, Sir Marcus Ffysshe-Ffarte (DSO and bar, mostly) was not available for comment.

BJ

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Re: What's in a name?

Postby Rhyd6 » November 24th, 2019, 6:02 pm

We remain leaflet free, a very long drive, potholes provided, discourages most aided by OH's notice at the start. "If you're selling anything I don't want it. I don't do religion, anyone ignoring this notice be advised we have an extremely fierce ram who is territorial".

R6

ps. We don't have a ram but we do have Gerald a rather noisy gander.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: What's in a name?

Postby moorfield » November 27th, 2019, 4:12 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
I may have made one of those up. Meanwhile, Sir Marcus Ffysshe-Ffarte (DSO and bar, mostly) was not available for comment.

BJ

You are Sir Bufton Tufton in disguise, and I claim my £5.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”