Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Shopped!

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Shopped!

Postby didds » December 23rd, 2019, 9:49 am

AF62 wrote:
Rhyd6 wrote:
In Waitrose you simply have the app on your phone to scan items and pay at the quick check out, and so avoiding all the fuddy duddies who are trying to find the 23p in change to pay the patient till operator, whilst everyone else in the queue wants to murder them.

although of course that also means they have to employ less people so there are longer quues at the tills ...

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » December 23rd, 2019, 5:40 pm

didds wrote:
AF62 wrote:
In Waitrose you simply have the app on your phone to scan items and pay at the quick check out, and so avoiding all the fuddy duddies who are trying to find the 23p in change to pay the patient till operator, whilst everyone else in the queue wants to murder them.

although of course that also means they have to employ less people so there are longer queues at the tills ...[/quote]

Or it means there are fewer people who need serving so they employ fewer staff.

Anyway, I popped into Waitrose yesterday afternoon for a few things - hell on earth as the 'once a year' shoppers who only come at Christmas have arrived from Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys.

Fortunately they ignore the Quick Scan system and just queue up, so a fast scan of half a dozen items on my phone and out in five minutes.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » January 10th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Slightly digressing I visited ASDA today. Just pushing the trolley, too chilly to sit in the car and read the paper as I usually do. What a pain - aside from everyone in creation also trudging around pushing trolleys ASDA have found a new way to impede progress in the form of dozens of Colleagues each collecting multiple online shopping orders into gigantic multi-basket obstructions in every aisle. It’ll be the paper again next week.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » January 14th, 2020, 7:08 pm

quelquod wrote: in the form of dozens of Colleagues

"Colleagues"? Do you work there. Why on earth have companies stopped calling their employees, employees.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”