Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A blight on the human race

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
neversay
Lemon Slice

Re: A blight on the human race

Postby neversay » May 12th, 2020, 9:27 am

Same goes for those who pick it up only to then leave the bag on a fence or even fastened to a tree. I mean, why? :evil:

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 12th, 2020, 11:53 am

neversay wrote:Same goes for those who pick it up only to then leave the bag on a fence or even fastened to a tree. I mean, why? :evil:

Oh, that's to prevent the natural recycling that returns [expletive deleted] to nature. Just leave it and it'll soon be gone, but bag it up and it'll be around for many months or even years, and the bag lives on long after that.

[edit to add] golly, "manure" isn't what I wrote. Not quite as amusing a substitution as [expletive deleted].

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Postby oldapple » May 12th, 2020, 2:43 pm

And same for those who walk their dogs past our house, pretending not to notice they've performed on the grass we mow in front of the wall. Been driving me nuts for years but I can't bring myself to take our dog down to their houses to reciprocate. When our dog picked a fight with one of these regular dog messers, I told the owner it was because our dog had been getting the blame for leaving the mess their dog was leaving. The owner didn't bat an eyelid, no shame at all.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 12th, 2020, 3:14 pm

And the dog owner who lives no more than 100 yards from me who lets their dog into the park that borders my garden at the dead of night. The dog then climbs through the separating hedge and leaves it's excrement on my lawn. Last year the local chair of the parish council came round with his night-vision camera and totally failed to get a picture despite 3 attempts over a period of a month. This year I bought an electric fence :)

RC

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 13th, 2020, 1:36 pm

As a non dog owner, I cannot resist a comment or two here!

We should always bear in mind that dog owners vary, like everybody else. With that in mind, this is my experience of the species:

1. I was suddenly bitten on the hand - for no apparent reason - by a large dog on a lead in the street a couple of years ago. The young couple who owned the dog were very helpful and responsible.

2. Recently, while taking walking exercise breaks, dog owners walking their dogs in the street have been one of my bug-bears. Not their fault I suppose but their movements are almost entirely impossible to predict.

3. Previously (prior to the current situation), it was a well observed fact that some dog owners in parks have a truly deplorable attitude, which can be summed up as:

a) You are walking a dog - you are a fellow human being.
b) You are NOT walking a dog - you are a non human; you do not matter; you do not exist.

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » May 13th, 2020, 4:31 pm

I don't think I own a coat or gilet that don't contain black poo bags in the pockets. I hate people who don't pick up the mess their dog leaves and I've found that a mobile phone camera to be the weapon of my choice in fighting these ignorant barstewards. I had a run in with a chap who walks his dog around the village and thinks it quite acceptable to allow his dog to perform where and when it wants. He never cleans it up despite being asked to do so on numerous occasions. I caught him on camera one day and asked him to pick up his dogs mess, I even provided him with a bag but he told me to go forth and multiply and to stick the mess where the sun don't shine. His attitude quickly changed after I posted the clip on our community facebook site. He was barred from the pub, the local shop refused to serve him and his wife and family were warned that they all risked not receiving invitations to the various village do's. His wife made him go around and apologise to all and sundry and warned him he'd be sleeping outside with the dog if he didn't mend his ways. Result. I don't suppose this would work in a town but in a small village gentle persuasion can sometimes achieve results.

R6

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 13th, 2020, 10:21 pm

[quote="Snorvey"
SOME dog owners really are a polyp on the anus of society. They are a blight on the human race and, to put it bluntly, a load of manky bastards.
[/quote]

FTFY.

didds

PS Otherwise I entirely agree with you regarding the sociopathic ***** that allow their dogs to defecate, and walk on

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » May 13th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Snorvey wrote:Popping up to the office I went to put some empty envelopes and other waste paper into the communal waste paper wheelie bin. Only to find it half full of dogshit bags. it's seems as they pass by on their feeble excuse for lockdown breaking, they just drop their shitbags for someone else to get rid of.

Dog owners really are a polyp on the anus of society. They are a blight on the human race and, to put it bluntly, a load of manky bastards.

I mean this is dogshit we're talking about. In what world is it acceptable to put actual dogshit in someone else's bin?

When we moved into our current house some 26 years ago we had a small mongrel. She was allowed to come and go in the back garden which was completely fenced in. We would often come home and find her sprawled out on the lawn sunbathing. We never took her for a walk. She got as much exercise as she needed in the back garden. One morning my good lady opened the front door not realising the pooch was behind her. The dog got out on the street. Obviously I went after her and rounded her up. Not before she had messed on a neighbours lawn. Being a thoughtful neighbour I went inside to get a bag to clean it up. I emerged from my house to a barrage of Anglo-Saxon diatribe.

Clearly the gentleman concerned was upset with us. Then for reasons I will never know out came a second neighbour and joined in with the first. Which made no sense. He said if my dog "sh it" on his lawn again he would post it through my door. Fairy snuff. I handed the bag to good lady calmly asked her to clean up as was going to be busy. I walked towards the guy and as I did I offered him some good advice about his self preservation. He made a hasty retreat. During which time the mess was cleared up and we went inside.

A coupe of hours later the penny dropped. At the bottom of the road is a large farm and the peacocks were allowed to roam around the housing estate. Naturally you can't clean up after these birds. Somehow Mr Pooper Poster had managed to establish that all the peacock crap on his lawn was actually from our dog and that threatening to post it through our front door was his ultimate right as he thought it was from our dog.

We have two dogs now. They too have the freedom of the back garden. We take it in turns to remove mines from the back garden.

Not all dog owners are the same :roll:

AiY"t"n'U

marronier
Lemon Slice

Postby marronier » May 20th, 2020, 2:48 pm

I live on a service road by a lane opposite parkland of 50+ acres to which there is an entrance at each end of the road , but since the council put doggy-bins in the park , many dog owners have taken to exercising and relieving their mutts in the roads peripheral . The service roads have become a .semi-official dog's toilet.

Two things bug me about dog owners. The first is the bloody-minded owners with extendable leashes which they release as you approach closer to them and get you entangled. The second is those with the larger breeds which often have great muddy paws and jump up to chest high and the owner says , "It's alright , don't worry . He's just being friendly."

I , too , have had similar "donations" to the news paper etc. left out for early morning bin collection.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 20th, 2020, 2:56 pm

marronier wrote:Two things bug me about SOME dog owners.

FTFY ;-)

Meanwhile extendable leads shoud be bloody banned.

didds

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 20th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Snorvey wrote:Fixed it again.

You may think you’ve fix it but not all dog owners have extendable leads (at least not for their pets),

Anyway, we find using catapults much more fun than merely dropping the bags near where dear Snorveykins might expect to avoid them.

The bags end up in unexpected places, such as high in trees, and we never tie them up as it is much more fun waiting for a windy day.

Snorvey being an expert in wind.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 20th, 2020, 3:41 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
Snorvey wrote:Fixed it again.

You may think you’ve fix it but not all dog owners have extendable leads (at least not for their pets),.

THis.

Its rather like seeing fag buts discarded from car windows and saying

"The problem with car owners is they are littering toe rags"

Or seeing female shoppers put their entire shopping through the tills to not think about having their their purse ready, which ends up at the bottom of a huge bag of shopping and saying

" The problem with women is they can't plan properly"

Or seeing a care home member of staff not washing their hands after dealing with a client and saying

"The problem with nurses is they dont use basic santitation methods".

It lazy at best, and displays a total lack of appreciation that there are idiots amongst all demongraphics, but that doesn't mean that all members of any one demographic are all idiots.

The problem with TLF postsers is they can't comprehend nuances and can only live in binary scenarios where people are either right (themselves) or wrong (everybody else)

didds

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm

didds wrote:It lazy at best, and displays a total lack of appreciation that there are idiots amongst all demongraphics, but that doesn't mean that all members of any one demographic are all idiots.

I preferred "demongraphics". :)

didds wrote:The problem with TLF postsers is they can't comprehend nuances and can only live in binary scenarios where people are either right (themselves) or wrong (everybody else)

didds

That's a problem? Well, if you must be so dogmatic. :lol:

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 21st, 2020, 5:52 am

didds wrote:
Its rather like seeing fag buts discarded from car windows and saying

"The problem with car owners is they are littering toe rags"

Or seeing female shoppers put their entire shopping through the tills to not think about having their their purse ready, which ends up at the bottom of a huge bag of shopping and saying

" The problem with women is they can't plan properly"

Or seeing a care home member of staff not washing their hands after dealing with a client and saying

"The problem with nurses is they dont use basic santitation methods".

It lazy at best, and displays a total lack of appreciation that there are idiots amongst all demographics, but that doesn't mean that all members of any one demographic are all idiots.

The problem with TLF posters is they can't comprehend nuances and can only live in binary scenarios where people are either right (themselves) or wrong (everybody else)

I had to laugh at your final sentence didds....

Did you perhaps mean to write the word *some* in there, perhaps?

Because without it, your stated view starts to look like on of those 'binary scenarios' that we sometimes hear about round these parts...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 21st, 2020, 8:08 am

Itsallaguess wrote:The problem with TLF posters is they can't comprehend nuances and can only live in binary scenarios where people are either right (themselves) or wrong (everybody else)

I had to laugh at your final sentence didds....

Did you perhaps mean to write the word *some* in there, perhaps?

Because without it, your stated view starts to look like on of those 'binary scenarios' that we sometimes hear about round these parts...
[/quote]

Post modern irony combined with heavy sarcasm (without emojis).

;-)

It was as typed, but meant in that manner. :-D

didds

PS its another didds' typo but on reflection I rather liked demongraphics too!

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 21st, 2020, 8:19 am

I don’t think one should forget which specific board we are on and (some) responsible dog owners shouldn’t demonise Snorveykins who, historically, has often written posts along the similar lines, in his own inimical style.

Doing as described in his OP is not right.

Why bin the bags at all?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 21st, 2020, 11:47 am

PinkDalek wrote:I don’t think one should forget which specific board we are on and (some) responsible dog owners shouldn’t demonise Snorveykins who, historically, has often written posts along the similar lines, in his own inimical style.

Aw, that's a bit harsh, PD. Inimitable, yes. Or did I perhaps miss the stealth emoji? ;)

BJ

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 21st, 2020, 12:10 pm

As a non-dog owner I'm trying to stay out of this issue really. I've been bitten, attacked (in my own garden), be-crapped and deafened beyond the normal call of duty by other people's pooches. I've had a neighbour's semi-feral terrier which ran into our house, climbed the stairs and left its smelly present on the landing carpet. But I can see as well as anyone else that the offending mutts bring personal joy to their owners in direct measure to the usually small inconvenience they bring to others.

I do, however, draw the line at two particularly avoidable behaviours.

I don't appreciate having my leg dry-humped by some sex-starved hound whose owners don't seem able to do more than shout: "Stop it, George, I've told you before about that. Any more and you're going into the kitchen!"

And I really don't like the ones who make a beeline for my crotch and inhale the essences of my person. In the street, too. And despite the presence of a long lead which could be retracted, but isn't. Some people seem to think that sort of thing's funny. Surprising how many of them there seem to be. Grrrr. :evil:

Or maybe I need to change my brand of shower gel? (Edit: I originally wrote "aftershave", but quickly realised that that would send the discussion in all sorts of unpredictable directions.) :lol:

BJ

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 23rd, 2020, 1:29 am

bungeejumper wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:I don’t think one should forget which specific board we are on and (some) responsible dog owners shouldn’t demonise Snorveykins who, historically, has often written posts along the similar lines, in his own inimical style.

Aw, that's a bit harsh, PD. Inimitable, yes. Or did I perhaps miss the stealth emoji? ;)

Late to reply but I meant what I wrote, possibly.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”