Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bah, Humbug.

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Bah, Humbug.

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 9th, 2021, 1:03 pm

The programme I was listening to on t'wireless as I walked home was interrupted by BBC News. I thought they were going to say something serious, like Boris had hit the big red button. Or just been assassinated.

But no, it's the death of a very old man. OK, he's newsworthy (particularly for being a former chancellor of my alma mater ;) ): I'd expect significant coverage in the regular news, and that they'd schedule some probably-extensive obituary programmes. But to interrupt everything for ***-knows-how-long? Humbug! And why do we need platitudes from every bloomin' bandwagon-hopping politician?

Still, at least he wasn't a performer of something ghastly to inflict on us. And for once the National Dirge seemed to fit the occasion.

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bah, Humbug.

Postby Rhyd6 » April 9th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Well at least it's driven the endless drivel about the AZ jab off the top spot. Downside is we'll have to listen to the ginger whinger Witchell going on and on and on. I can imagine PPs ghost seething about this - why couldn't they have got some attractive bimbo to emote about him, surely more his style.

R6

Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Re: Bah, Humbug.

Postby Bminusrob » April 11th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:Well at least it's driven the endless drivel about the AZ jab off the top spot.

R6

Only temporarily. I am eagerly awaiting Macron blaming PP's death on the AZ vaccine, and henceforth banning the AZ vaccine in France for anyone under 100 years of age.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”