Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Paper tissues.......

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Paper tissues.......

Postby kiloran » June 3rd, 2021, 11:36 am

...... are the work of the devil.

Mum's carers set her washing machine in motion this morning. When I went to hang the washing out, I, the house, and garden were smothered in white confetti. They should be banned, nowt wrong with a cotton hankie

--kiloran :(

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Re: Paper tissues.......

Postby TUK020 » June 3rd, 2021, 4:21 pm

no, just a minor gremlin.

Wet Wipes however...

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 3rd, 2021, 4:50 pm

Methinks you've come up against a problem of doing Other Peoples' chores.

A person who keeps paper tissues in her pockets knows to check them before washing them. A person who doesn't might not think of it, though it's still be a Good Idea to check pockets before washing. Maybe this was some strange person who simply doesn't use pockets?

If it wasn't her paper tissues, it would've been something else ...

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » June 3rd, 2021, 5:30 pm

Socks that shrink three sizes in the wash.

Socks that mysteriously change from green to blue in the wash.

Socks that enter the washing machine as neatly-paired twins, but emerge from it it as single waifs, with no sign of their other halves to be found, either on that day or ever after. Thus proving that the back of the washing machine is a time/space travel port, through which garments pass, only to emerge blinking in some other dimension. The wrong size, the wrong colour, and probably with a nagging suspicion that something they used to know is missing from their new lives in Alpha Centauri.

For some reason I'm reminded of how Willie Rushton described his experiments in the 1970s with disposable paper underpants . No need for washing machines at all - you just threw them in the bin when you'd finished with them. What could be more modern, or more suited to the needs of a rogue male bachelor?

Alas, the dream had faded by lunchtime, as tattered chunks of the garment broke away one by one and descended embarrassingly toward earth via the bottoms of his trouser legs. In Rushton's majestic phrase, they had been "blasted to shreds by the rigours of life". What a myriad of dark possibility in those eight little words. :)

BJ

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » June 3rd, 2021, 10:47 pm

bungeejumper wrote:In Rushton's majestic phrase, they had been "blasted to shreds by the rigours of life". What a myriad of dark possibility in those eight little words

Sprouts?

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » June 3rd, 2021, 11:29 pm

kiloran wrote:...... are the work of the devil.

Mum's carers set her washing machine in motion this morning. When I went to hang the washing out, I, the house, and garden were smothered in white confetti. They should be banned, nowt wrong with a cotton hankie

--kiloran :(

Snot that I want to disagree with you but you need a tumble dryer - warm, dry confetti is far better than the cold damp stuff

AiY

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 4th, 2021, 12:44 am

bungeejumper wrote:Socks [...]

Socks [...]

Socks [...]
BJ

Do I detect a theme? You really should stop using socks. They're nowt but trouble!

Return to “Bitter Lemons”