Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

This is England, 2021

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
XFool
The full Lemon

This is England, 2021

Postby XFool » November 13th, 2021, 2:12 pm

The GP has refused without explanation to authorise one of my repeat medical prescriptions - the one that stops me having another stroke.

The share registrars are continuing their project of proving they are staffed by people who can't read and can't count and - "It's all your fault."

The pavement near me, after earlier in the year being deliberately obstructed by a resident unaccountably deciding that was exactly the right place to dispose of all their garden clippings, is now flooding from a water leak so people using the pavement are walking into the middle of an increasingly busy road (petition by local residents) and - Apparently, nobody seems willing to take responsibility for doing anything about it.

Onwards & Upwards!

88V8
Lemon Half

Re: This is England, 2021

Postby 88V8 » November 14th, 2021, 6:07 pm

XFool wrote:The GP has refused without explanation to authorise one of my repeat medical prescriptions - the one that stops me having another stroke.

I imagine they want to see you to check that the prescription is still correct.
Perhaps at the same time the GP can prescribe for your deficient clairvoyance.

V8

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » November 15th, 2021, 4:17 pm

XFool wrote:The pavement near me, after earlier in the year being deliberately obstructed by a resident unaccountably deciding that was exactly the right place to dispose of all their garden clippings, is now flooding from a water leak so people using the pavement are walking into the middle of an increasingly busy road (petition by local residents) and - Apparently, nobody seems willing to take responsibility for doing anything about it.

Many years ago, when holidaying in a pleasant Yorkshire small town, we were walking from our rented cottage to a Pub which had a (deserved) reputation for good food. We came across a large puddle covering the pavement in front of the driveway of a house - and the owner had placed a prominent notice board beside it with the bold headlines "Private Fishing". It certainly got our attention - so we continued to read the remainder of the message. It was a diatribe concerning the inability to get any appropriate authority to take action. I don't know if the notice board had any desired effect, but the message was certainly broadcast to a large number of passerbys. :)

In a more sympathetic manner - could I suggest that the response by 88V8 to your GP's action is probably correct. Currently with our GPs you can phone the surgery, explain your problem to a triage nurse, and request a call back.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 13th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Just an update!

XFool wrote:The GP has refused without explanation to authorise one of my repeat medical prescriptions - the one that stops me having another stroke.

No explanation, so I simply resubmitted the request via Patient Access and it was approved on the second try.

XFool wrote:The share registrars are continuing their project of proving they are staffed by people who can't read and can't count and - "It's all your fault."

The Registrars returned my perfectly correct application for a Tender Offer at the last moment because "The enclosed share certificate is not sufficient for the number of shares tendered" - It was. I sent it back by return of post with a letter detailing the calculation they seemed unable to do. Fortunately it must have been received just in time: this time I even got a cheque AND my share certificate returned!

XFool wrote:The pavement near me, after earlier in the year being deliberately obstructed by a resident unaccountably deciding that was exactly the right place to dispose of all their garden clippings, is now flooding from a water leak so people using the pavement are walking into the middle of an increasingly busy road (petition by local residents) and - Apparently, nobody seems willing to take responsibility for doing anything about it.

Hooray! I noticed only this evening they have at last started work on this.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”