Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Flippin' 'eck!

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
WrenChasen
2 Lemon pips

Flippin' 'eck!

Postby WrenChasen » August 4th, 2022, 11:22 am

Great start to the day (I'm an owl and my days start late) - I was in the shower covered in shampoo and soap when it stopped working. :o For a moment I thought Southern Water had introduced even more draconian water-saving measures than its hosepipe ban, due to start tomorrow, but apparently there's a burst main somewhere.

Inconvenient, but not life-changing.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Flippin' 'eck!

Postby Dod101 » August 4th, 2022, 11:28 am

WrenChasen wrote:Great start to the day (I'm an owl and my days start late) - I was in the shower covered in shampoo and soap when it stopped working. :o For a moment I thought Southern Water had introduced even more draconian water-saving measures than its hosepipe ban, due to start tomorrow, but apparently there's a burst main somewhere.

And I thought you were a wren.

Dod

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » August 4th, 2022, 11:34 am

Hopefully there is a towel on the towel rail.

An issue that happens in my en-suite on occasion. Im just trying to imagine managing with a small head wrap thing thats left to de-soap yourself.

Bigger issue might be where is all that mains water going and what is being dragged off with it.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 4th, 2022, 12:34 pm

In certain countries, where washing yourself is more common that using toilet paper, there is often a bucket in the bathroom & toilet.

And, even if (as even most locals hotels do anyway) there is toilet paper present, I always recommend to people that they keep the bucket full of water, as in these countries not only is the water system itself sometimes unreliable but it's often dependant on electricity, which is frequently even more unreliable.

The full bucket can be used, if the water stops, not only to rinse down if you're in the shower and fully soaped up*, but also the flush the loo. ;)

* Yes, it'll probably be a cold rinse but usually such countries are hot and you're taking a cold shower anyway!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 4th, 2022, 1:40 pm

WrenChasen wrote:Great start to the day (I'm an owl and my days start late) - I was in the shower covered in shampoo and soap when it stopped working. :o For a moment I thought Southern Water had introduced even more draconian water-saving measures than its hosepipe ban, due to start tomorrow, but apparently there's a burst main somewhere.

Water board are doing something outside here: they've closed the road and dug a big hole. Thoughts of similar joys to yours have crossed my mind.

Not sure if the fact that I shower in the evenings (long after they knock off for the day) helps!

Return to “Bitter Lemons”