Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

It's the thought that counts

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

It's the thought that counts

Postby bungeejumper » April 17th, 2023, 6:47 pm

Well, I've finally had it with all this eco-friendly, namby-pamby, save-the-planet green recycling business. This afternoon the postman turned up with the shipment of gardening stuff that I'd ordered from Ebay last week. And with a very strange look on his face.

Yes, the Ebay vendor had opted to save the trees and the dolphins and the birds of the air by packing my goods into a leftover cardboard box which he just happened to have lying about the place. The fact that it was emblazoned, in inch-high bold lettering, with the words "COCOA BUTTER BUST CREAM" was presumably unintentional.

Or not. As he headed back toward his van, I could swear the bastard postman was sniggering. :evil:

BJ

doolally
Lemon Slice

Re: It's the thought that counts

Postby doolally » April 17th, 2023, 7:39 pm

bungeejumper wrote:The fact that it was emblazoned, in inch-high bold lettering, with the words "COCOA BUTTER BUST CREAM" was presumably unintentional.
BJ

Rather poor grammar in my inexpert opinion. COCOA BUTTON BROKEN CREAM would be better, whatever broken cream is.
doolally

Return to “Bitter Lemons”