Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Men Don't Objectify Women, Women Objectify Themselves

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Men Don't Objectify Women, Women Objectify Themselves

Postby Tedx » August 24th, 2023, 12:34 pm

This might sound like a moan and it kinda is in a way, but....

...A large proportion of women on Youtube (particularly the 'Clickbait' thumbnail preview of the clip) is hardly wearing anything these days. Even if it's something like 'Camping in Alaska' or.....well, 'Fishing with Fish Huntress Amy' for example

https://youtu.be/MDQqhgTCoyc?si=mqAvCe0jigAYqKVa

Your not telling me that Huntress Amy would get 227,000 folk watching if she was dressed in a boiler suit?

They say Sex sells, and they' are not wrong.

History has shown that females can make money by showing their asses. I guess with the recent rise of OnlyFans and the like, they can make quite eye watering amounts of money on the internet with little physical risk to themselves (and good for them). I read that there was a mother and her daughter making literally thousands every month.....

A mum and daughter duo who pose naked together and make £8,000 a month - filming their nude food fights. Jessie Jo, 55, suggested to her daughter, Phoenix Rae Blue, 24, that they create a joint OnlyFans account after she was struggling for work in May 2020.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/real ... s-25259535

They seems quite chuffed with themselves.

Their must be millions of young women in this country staring down the barrel of a minimum wage zero hours contract working as a waitress in a fast food takeaway.....or should she get them out for the boys at £2.99 a month (I'm told!).

I guess my moan is.....it's not fair. I want 1000's folk to pay me a few quid a month to gawk at my wrinkly bottom. Otherwise, it's high time it was BANNED!.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Re: Men Don't Objectify Women, Women Objectify Themselves

Postby Dicky99 » August 24th, 2023, 2:03 pm

Tedx wrote:This might sound like a moan and it kinda is in a way, but....

...A large proportion of women on Youtube (particularly the 'Clickbait' thumbnail preview of the clip) is hardly wearing anything these days. Even if it's something like 'Camping in Alaska' or.....well, 'Fishing with Fish Huntress Amy' for example

https://youtu.be/MDQqhgTCoyc?si=mqAvCe0jigAYqKVa

Your not telling me that Huntress Amy would get 227,000 folk watching if she was dressed in a boiler suit?

They say Sex sells, and they' are not wrong.

History has shown that females can make money by showing their asses. I guess with the recent rise of OnlyFans and the like, they can make quite eye watering amounts of money on the internet with little physical risk to themselves (and good for them). I read that there was a mother and her daughter making literally thousands every month.....

A mum and daughter duo who pose naked together and make £8,000 a month - filming their nude food fights. Jessie Jo, 55, suggested to her daughter, Phoenix Rae Blue, 24, that they create a joint OnlyFans account after she was struggling for work in May 2020.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/real ... s-25259535

They seems quite chuffed with themselves.

Their must be millions of young women in this country staring down the barrel of a minimum wage zero hours contract working as a waitress in a fast food takeaway.....or should she get them out for the boys at £2.99 a month (I'm told!).

I guess my moan is.....it's not fair. I want 1000's folk to pay me a few quid a month to gawk at my wrinkly bottom. Otherwise, it's high time it was BANNED!.

Such is the breadth and depth of people's proclivities I've no doubt there will be a wrinkly bottom fetish group that you can tap up :lol:

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 24th, 2023, 4:59 pm

Dicky99 wrote:Such is the breadth and depth of people's proclivities I've no doubt there will be a wrinkly bottom fetish group that you can tap up :lol:

So long as you don't go the whole goatse!

But it does seem to be very much a womens issue. Traditionally female journalists write at length about issues concerning appearance, and I imagine their readership is overwhelmingly female. Then other women - and their male acolytes - complain of the 'patriarchy' objectifying them.

A few years back the complaint was that women were described by their appearance: apparently someone was making a lot of what then-PM Teresa May wore. Yet the only person in public life I heard routinely described by some aspect of his appearance was "the bespectacled Alan Rusbridger".

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » August 25th, 2023, 9:30 am

Oh, indeed. A senior editor of Vogue magazine wrote a weekend piece for the FT, a few years back, in which she said that the way for female directors to carry more weight in the boardroom was to invest in a pair of five inch heels from Manolo Blahnik (or some such designer). The gist of her argument was that, by dominating her male colleagues, she could strike a resounding blow for equality.

I entered a comment to the effect that boards of directors are generally more interested in what people say, not in what they wear on their feet. She responded that I must be some kind of an ugly lesbian who hadn't been able to get herself a man. Well, one out of three ain't bad. I'm ugly, all right. :lol:

BJ

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 25th, 2023, 11:05 am

bungeejumper wrote:Oh, indeed. A senior editor of Vogue magazine wrote a weekend piece for the FT, a few years back, in which she said that the way for female directors to carry more weight in the boardroom was to invest in a pair of five inch heels from Manolo Blahnik (or some such designer). The gist of her argument was that, by dominating her male colleagues, she could strike a resounding blow for equality.

I entered a comment to the effect that boards of directors are generally more interested in what people say, not in what they wear on their feet. She responded that I must be some kind of an ugly lesbian who hadn't been able to get herself a man. Well, one out of three ain't bad. I'm ugly, all right. :lol:

BJ

Just the one out of three? So you have been able to get yourself a man!

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » August 25th, 2023, 11:18 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Just the one out of three? So you have been able to get yourself a man!

Illogical, captain. But thanks for the laugh. ;)

Shoes, in fact, are a real case in point. I don't think I'm the only man who wouldn't be guaranteed to notice if my wife were walking round barefoot. Footwear just doesn't figure among the things I pay attention to. (Along with my grubby gardening jumpers and my three day designer stubble.)

But every woman of my acquaintance not only notices what shoes other women are wearing, but also where they got them from and what they probably cost. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate just a tiny bit?) I do, however, notice stiletto heels after their owners have gone home and left their pockmarks in the vinyl and hardwood flooring. :( Does that count?

BJ

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 25th, 2023, 1:51 pm

bungeejumper wrote: I do, however, notice stiletto heels after their owners have gone home and left their pockmarks in the vinyl and hardwood flooring. :( Does that count?

BJ

Stiletto heels?

Hmmm. Surely the kind of people (tarts, drag queens) who wear stilettos dress pretty loudly in general? Don't think I've ever had those in my house. Nearest would be an actress who wears them on stage for certain roles, but not in day-to-day life :o

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Postby 6Tricia » August 25th, 2023, 2:45 pm

stiletto heels?

Hmmm. Surely the kind of people (tarts, drag queens) who wear stilettos dress pretty loudly in general? Don't think I've ever had those in my house. Nearest would be an actress who wears them on stage for certain roles, but not in day-to-day life :o

What would you call the sometimes very high heels that Princess Catherine wears when she is all dressed up in her evening finery?

Tricia

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 25th, 2023, 2:49 pm

6Tricia wrote:
stiletto heels?

What would you call the sometimes very high heels that Princess Catherine wears when she is all dressed up in her evening finery?

Uncle lives in the muddy fields of rural west Devon where I feel sure that high heels are rarely seen amongst all the wellies.

But even my wife, who would rather wear trainers to throw a frisbee around in the park than wear high heels, does have a pair for certain occasions. She says that they are actually easier to wear when drunk as then it doesn't hurt when you fall off them.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » August 25th, 2023, 3:23 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:Stiletto heels?

My wife wears stilettos and looks very nice in them. And - I'll have you know - she isn't a drag queen :)

RC

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 25th, 2023, 6:43 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:Stiletto heels?

My wife wears stilettos and looks very nice in them. And - I'll have you know - she isn't a drag queen :)

RC

I can never get my wife to wear "proper" evening shoes when we go to the ballet or opera - something to do with having wide feet. I think she should just be a fashion victim, but she won't have it.
But I do see a surprising number of people have given up now and wear trainers to such events.

Worse are the men who turn up in fleeces at the Royal Opera House stalls seats - urgh! It seems impossible to price these people out because the oiks have all the money but no taste.

Arb.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » August 25th, 2023, 6:50 pm

Dicky99 wrote:
Tedx wrote:.

Such is the breadth and depth of people's proclivities I've no doubt there will be a wrinkly bottom fetish group that you can tap up :lol:

Doubtless the case, and AI augmented, to boot! https://tech.slashdot.org/story/23/08/2 ... -knowledge

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 25th, 2023, 7:52 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:My wife wears stilettos and looks very nice in them. And - I'll have you know - she isn't a drag queen :)

RC

I can never get my wife to wear "proper" evening shoes when we go to the ballet or opera - something to do with having wide feet. I think she should just be a fashion victim, but she won't have it.
But I do see a surprising number of people have given up now and wear trainers to such events.

Worse are the men who turn up in fleeces at the Royal Opera House stalls seats - urgh! It seems impossible to price these people out because the oiks have all the money but no taste.

Arb.

That is a strange form of snobbishness. What on earth has what you wear got to do with appreciating a good art form, music or anything else? Sorry but I think you are behind the times. Comfortable dress and good concentration is much more important than how you dress for heaven’s sake!

Dod

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » August 25th, 2023, 8:03 pm

Sandals are not sandals without socks

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » August 25th, 2023, 8:10 pm

Judging by the standard of dress nowadays, e.g. in the local high street, I don't think anyone would notice if one wore a black plastic bag, with holes cut out for the arms and legs....... Well that's what I tell my wife and daughter, when they spend hours making up and trying on different clothes, just to go shopping in town.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 26th, 2023, 6:21 am

Dod101 wrote:
That is a strange form of snobbishness. What on earth has what you wear got to do with appreciating a good art form, music or anything else? Sorry but I think you are behind the times. Comfortable dress and good concentration is much more important than how you dress for heaven’s sake!

Dod

I'm surprised at you, Dod. I thought you would be all for keeping up standards. On the other hand, I did make my language provocative to get a response ;)

There are certain places where it has always been accepted that "dressing down" is OK - various concert halls etc.
But not at the Royal Opera House in particular. It's acceptable in the upper parts of the house, but not usual in the stalls, where people still dress up - part of the interest is in seeing the occasional very expensively dressed person in unusual attire.

From my one POV, I only have two suits and wear them on those special occasions. My feeling is that the performers, musicians and dancers, spend hours dressing and rehearsing for our benefit to make the occasion special: the least I can do is to show respect for them by also making some effort.

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 26th, 2023, 6:24 am

richfool wrote:Judging by the standard of dress nowadays, e.g. in the local high street, I don't think anyone would notice if one wore a black plastic bag, with holes cut out for the arms and legs....... Well that's what I tell my wife and daughter, when they spend hours making up and trying on different clothes, just to go shopping in town.

Well, I would notice. I notice how everyone dresses in morbid dark colours instead of bringing a little colour into the world. I've never understood the current habit where one sees streets full of black or grey.

Arb.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 26th, 2023, 7:33 am

Arborbridge wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

I'm surprised at you, Dod. I thought you would be all for keeping up standards. On the other hand, I did make my language provocative to get a response ;)

There are certain places where it has always been accepted that "dressing down" is OK - various concert halls etc.
But not at the Royal Opera House in particular. It's acceptable in the upper parts of the house, but not usual in the stalls, where people still dress up - part of the interest is in seeing the occasional very expensively dressed person in unusual attire.

From my one POV, I only have two suits and wear them on those special occasions. My feeling is that the performers, musicians and dancers, spend hours dressing and rehearsing for our benefit to make the occasion special: the least I can do is to show respect for them by also making some effort.

Arb.

Thanks. I might well make it in a jacket but I doubt a suit these days. Mind you I cannot afford the price of the tickets anyway!

My late wife would have loved the 'dressing up' part and was like another poster's wife, getting dressed up properly for an afternoon's shopping at M & S! She used to say of many 'Have they not got a mirror?'

Dod

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » August 26th, 2023, 8:35 am

Dod101 wrote:My late wife would have loved the 'dressing up' part and was like another poster's wife, getting dressed up properly for an afternoon's shopping at M & S! She used to say of many 'Have they not got a mirror?'

Dod

Ooh, that grates for me!

"Have they not a mirror?" Shirley!

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » August 26th, 2023, 12:09 pm

I have several pairs of 5" heel stilletos left over from the late 1950s early 1960s which I just can't bring myself to throw away. I'm only 5' and a tealeaf but wearing high heels always made me feel elegant.
I must say that I don't have a problem with women selling their bodies if it's their choice. If someone who is into wrinkles offered me an indecent sum of money to flash my bits I'd be there in a flash. Mind you some of them would probably die laughing.

R6

Return to “Bitter Lemons”